Baymule’s 2023 Diet

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I want y’all to know that this is ALL yalls fault. (But it sure is good). Breakfast casserole with rolled out crescent rolls on bottom, dollops of softened cream cheese, sausage and eggs. Pretty good brunch-ish dish!
CC64B3C3-DF96-44F8-A801-378C33627055.jpeg

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Met son in law at a Mexican restaurant to pick up little granddaughters. Oldest went with his cousin.
On the menu was Keto skinny stuffed avocados with grilled vegetables, so I ordered that. Ate chips and salsa but didn’t eat two baskets or even one basket, maybe a third. Made homemade hot chocolate last night, dropped a couple of those Valentines chocolates in the pot, along with too much sugar and whipped cream on top. Eh.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow, I slept late! I did my usual awake couple of hours in the night. Woke up at 6, back to sleep, woke up at 8:15. Feels like a sleep hangover.

Coffee
1 scoop of collagen 70 calories 0 carbs
5 tblsp of heavy cream. 250 calories 5 carbs.

I usually glug glug the cream. Tablespoons? I kept tasting the coffee, still not what I normally use.

I forgot to weigh yesterday morning, I did this morning. Going to first post with starting weight.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I snack way too much out of boredom, depression, anxiety, worrying, boredom, anything. I also drink toooooo much box wine at nite.
I have trouble with emotional eating too.
  • Best thing I ever learned about that was a quote from a book. No idea the book title anymore - or the exact quote. "Emotional eating isn't an eating problem, it's a caretaking problem."
  • I learned that the average emotional eater only gets 3 minutes of relief/pleasure from emotional eating. So I started thinking about other things that could bring me 3 minutes of relief.
  • I learned that an emotion only lasts 90 seconds - if we don't feed it with thoughts. So I practiced meditating for 90 seconds after a stressor. (if I thought about it I'd start over). That works brilliantly for me!
I'm not cured of emotional eating, but my weight stabilized. I gained like 10-15 pounds in about a month - after my son was expelled from school and I was stuck around him 24/7. I didn't continue gaining at the same rate. I have about half of that weight left now, 4 months later.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Is your starting weight 137 pounds...You sure you have weight to lose thats pretty small...?

I used to calorie count when I was preparing for a big trail run, now that I eat meat only the weight stays off all the time.
It fluctuates to 140, on me, that’s too much. I prefer to be 130-135. If I don’t get those pounds off, they call all their friends! :lol: Most of my life I barely weighed 120 pounds. I couldn’t gain weight and went on diets to gain weight. Menopause and I added some pounds. I’m ok with that, my ribs didn’t poke out anymore.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Bay it sounds more like you just need to detox with clean eating, that dinner you made last night was fantastic!
cutting out the, what I call ChemFoods/ processed fake food, is a very good thing