Baymule’s 2023 Diet

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I got myself overtired on Tuesday evening while stuck at my kids' swim lessons and had diet coke. Not a good plan. It messes up my sleep and my appetite/palate. Not a fun few days, but I ate to my plan today. Tomorrow should be better.

I have an appointment to get bloodwork done this week. Baseline. I'll schedule an appointment to recheck in a couple months. That will be motivation to stick to my plan. I want to see if the way I'm eating will change my LDL [particle analysis]. I am at risk for atherosclerosis, so I really need to figure out what makes my body work better.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thinking about making some coconut gelatin and looked at the calories on a packet, only 5! Then I looked at portions. 5 calories for 1/4 packet. What? How stupid! Who measures out 1/4 of a packet that small? Why not just say 20 calories? Stupid.

View attachment 22628

same here, tapioca says 20 calories, but that doesn't count the sugar, eggs or milk, so you have to instead look at the "as preparred" calories, but since i don't exactly follow that recipe either it's somewhere in between and then i have to translate that into per cup servings because i don't eat tapioca pudding at half cup serving size. nope, nada, uhnuhnoway!

recently i'm doing part servings throughout the day so it's about a cup to half a pint a day. that's more like it. i make double + batches when i do it so it lasts me five days to a week to eat it.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
... I want to see if the way I'm eating will change my LDL [particle analysis]. I am at risk for atherosclerosis, so I really need to figure out what makes my body work better.

good luck! for me just sticking to level this time of the year is an accomplishment. holding steady.

one thing i've found for the longer term is that if i'm consistent enough most of the week then a day here or there where i eat more is ok. it's not ideal, but at least i can splurge once in a while. since my stomach is shrunk i can't really pack it in any longer anyways. eating a lot of small meals. so like this past weekend we had a family gathering and i had a lunch serving of sliced beef and onions and an eggroll and i was plenty full enough. skipped the rice (we make something else with that eventually - rice pudding with raisins or ...).

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My weight this morning was 132.7 pounds. But this evening I’ll weigh 3-4 pounds heavier. Why do I weigh more at night?
My starting weight was 137, but that night, it was 141. I dunno.

canesisters

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My sister and I have been doing Noom to loose weight. She weighs 1x weekly - same day, same time, same clothes...
I weigh every time I pass the scale and am entertained by how much it will change in a single day from hour to hour.
Like.. HOW do I gain 2 lbs during the night??? Same Pjs as I went to bed in - haven't gone to the bathroom or eaten/drank anything.. but 2lbs heavier!!!
Guess that explains why it's so hard to get out of bed some days.. Sleep is HEAVY.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My weight this morning was 132.7 pounds. But this evening I’ll weigh 3-4 pounds heavier. Why do I weigh more at night?
My starting weight was 137, but that night, it was 141. I dunno.

coffee, salts, sugars holding in more liquid is my guess.
My sister and I have been doing Noom to loose weight. She weighs 1x weekly - same day, same time, same clothes...
I weigh every time I pass the scale and am entertained by how much it will change in a single day from hour to hour.
Like.. HOW do I gain 2 lbs during the night??? Same Pjs as I went to bed in - haven't gone to the bathroom or eaten/drank anything.. but 2lbs heavier!!!
Guess that explains why it's so hard to get out of bed some days.. Sleep is HEAVY.

must be doing something different or your scale isn't accurate or something.

because there have been done really controlled measurements/experiments and it is true that you will lose weight while sleeping.

when you metabolise fats and sugars (stored in your body fat or liver) you will be breathing out the results of those things being used up (water vapor and CO2).

p.s. welcome back to SS, i don't recall seeing you post here before. it could also be that i've forgotten. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
still holding steady here. it would be nice to lose a few more lbs sooner rather than later but it's tough this time of the year for me to not want to eat a lot more than i'm burning.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
This is why I weigh myself at least 2x/day when I'm tracking it. Otherwise it can be frustrating!