BBH's campfire fun~popping in

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
But that would be a cute shoe....I'm thinking something strappy with a six inch stilletto heel. I only have clogs and boots and sneakers! So there! :tongue

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Dace!! Where have you been?? I missed you!

I'll get out there today with the camera. I owe lots of folks photos. (Lupin, I didn't forget about you!)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Ugh....a can of worms opened on me and I have been dealing with it :p

My 7 yr old just went thru testing and we got the results that she is "highly gifted". In fact she hit the ceiling of the test. She will be going into a special gifted program at school next year. So as any gifted person does (yeah, me) I have been obsessing over learning all I can about the road ahead and going back to try to clean up some stuff with my son.

My older two DDs were also gifted, but not 'highly' my son did not test as gifted, but I know he is, the type of test that they use just did not hit on his strengths.He is incredibly intelligent and is a classic bored underachiever at school. Luckily, we got him into what should be an outstanding school for him, for high school. I have been working with his counselor to get all of his old testing together and gone over by the school psych, so that I can go into next year (freshman year) well prepared.

Unfortunately I have learned the hard way that the school system does not help smart kids. You either fit the mold or you don't. If you have learning disabilities there is help for you, but if you are very smart (which also can be a disability of sorts when trying to learn in a traditional setting) it is either sink or swim.

So as I said....I have been obsessing over other things!

PS...thanks for missing me :D