BBH's campfire fun~popping in

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Sorry kid, it rained all day today. :(

And no chicks. Double :( Kinda bummed for her (she had good "mother" potential) and I am really bummed that those eggs, that I hand picked to hatch from my best chickens, are wasted. Today was day 22.

I still hate my rooster!!! :somad

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hooooooooboy would you get some nasty emails from that one!

I occasionally scroll through the "casual encounters" section of craigslist and laugh my butt off at the insane things that get posted.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Give those eggs a few more days, I had some hatch at 25 days. It a chicken, not an incubator ;) Mother nature does things in her own sweet time, not by the clock :p :lol:

You can also try candling them. You should see some sort of movement in the viable ones. Although it can be hard to see sometimes.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:ya THIS MORNING.....SO FAR, ONE CHICK HAS HATCHED!!!!!! :weee
:celebrate I AM SO EXCITED!!

Sam is still waking up, I havn't told her yet. I think I'll let her discover the chick (perhaps chicks) when she moseys out there. :ya I can't wait to see how excited she will be!!

FD, thank you, you are right this isn't an incubator, this is the best chicky mama in the world!!!! (Besides Suzie, that is ;) )

DrakeMaiden and I swapped chickens and ducks and this is one of her Buff O's. So far (behind Ruby of course) this is the best chicken I've had. A good egg layer, a good mama and she is as sweet and as gentle as a chicken can be. I love her! She doesn't even peck me when I reach under her.

Yea to the new mother Miss (Mrs. now) Pumpkin Pie!! :celebrate Named by my own dd. ;)

I was just kidding about the CL listing title. I better go and change it b/c I offend someone.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Congrats!! whoot! chickies!! :fl hopefully she hatches everyone out!! :D