Beat the heat.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
75 ? That ain't hot!

Depends on where you are from. I wilt if it's above 72*!

I've always described the flavor of beer as being like Tiger P!$$. Soak a locker room sweatty sock in it, and that just about sums up how I feel about beer!

Even Paul admonished Timothy to drink a bit of wine for the sake of his stomach. I don't have issues with alcohol in minute portions.

However, coming from a family in which my brother was pickled starting at the age of 15, growing up with that, and seeing how it has totally destroyed his life, I have a strong respect for the power of alcohol to destroy. He's been dry for decades, but the damage to his personality was done long before he quit drinking. He's a rebellious teenage 65 year old.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You wouldn't make it at my house. When its 104 its all i can do to get the house down to 77 or 76. But it feels pretty good coming in from 100 degree heat :D

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
AGREED, CR. That's my feelings.

Then, I hate the cold. Like really, long time cold. No Northern home for me.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We bought a cheap pool from Menards for this summer, maybe next. If we find we use it and keep it up, we will spend the bucks and get a nice one. After spending a week filling the dang pool - we only ran the well pump for 2 hours at a time so we didn't burn it out- the pool filter only lasted 3 days! So now I have a pool that I can't swim in because without the pump, I can't keep the chemicals at the proper level and mixed evenly across the pool. DH is trying a couple of fixes before he lets me call the manufacturer for a replacement pump.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We bought a cheap pool from Menards for this summer, maybe next. If we find we use it and keep it up, we will spend the bucks and get a nice one. After spending a week filling the dang pool - we only ran the well pump for 2 hours at a time so we didn't burn it out- the pool filter only lasted 3 days! So now I have a pool that I can't swim in because without the pump, I can't keep the chemicals at the proper level and mixed evenly across the pool. DH is trying a couple of fixes before he lets me call the manufacturer for a replacement pump.

We had a 30' round pool in NC. Its a ton of work for little pleasure.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think I'd be happy with a livestock water tank. 2' deep, and up to 12' diameter. While it would be nice to actually swim in a pool, I'd be content to just soak for a while to get my core temp down.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think I'd be happy with a livestock water tank. 2' deep, and up to 12' diameter. While it would be nice to actually swim in a pool, I'd be content to just soak for a while to get my core temp down.
I have two fairly deep ponds on my property. They would make good swimming holes if it were not for snakes and snapping turtles. I've hooked more turtles than fish in those ponds. Nice size snappers in both ponds.