Beat the heat.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A water sprinkler is low maintenance and has no snakes or snapping turtles. ;)

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I was going to buy a 10' diameter, 30" deep cheapo pool ($90) just for soaking in since I don't have a tub in the house. But DH is over 6' tall, so I let him talk me into the bigger pool so he could enjoy it also ($250). The place we put it is pretty well hidden and private ...

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Its getting warm in Texas....specially for us working folk. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables, drink lots of water and after work have an ice cold Michelob Ultra in a frosted glass with a lime wedge. Its better than iced tea!

Be careful tho, they go down like a fat kid on a seesaw
The best thirst quencher for me is lemon and cucumber... with a teaspoon of honey... and a lot of ice cubes.. you guys need to try this... :D:D:D:D

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Always practical sense... But its no fun without snakes and snapping turtles. I just don't want one latching on to wee willy so I wear tight cut offs and zipper locked when I wade out there.

you did say something about drunken worms being good for fishing...

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The otherday i was stuck on a roof all day working on a package unit. Heat index was 110 and it was sunny! I started getting dizzy after a couple hours of pulling heavy tools up to the roof with a rope. I ate a teaspoon of table salt and slammed 2 bottled waters. Right as rain after that.
That will work... same thing happened to me before... My friend made a lemon and cucumber shake for me... Same effect... But Yummier!!

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@baymule I've been thinking of you these last two days. Well, all of you, from NE to the midwest to Texas....

Anyhoo, given that the heat is atrocious and some of your dogs suffer and the sheep kinda do, what is your plan should the power go out. Similar to the '20 blackout, which was in the winter, but now you're in the summer.

Just worrying from a distance.

Latest posts