Bee~ Journal of then...

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well at least you know we cared! :p Now, no more disappearing...

And wow WHAT a starting salary!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Thanks, folks! Gonna feed son #2 some of my rancid meat! That oughta take off some pounds with all the pukin' and runnin' to the commode! :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
HA HA HA HA
you have me cracking up on the commode jogging..LOL

that is the kind of posts I missed..HA HA

don't go leaving again! :)

glad you are back and your boys are very lucky. 2 great directions for young'ins. What more could you ask?! Those boys have a great future! COOL---even in junky times they shall prosper! :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You know? I'm not worried about these times too much. I am, however, worried about the family getting too far apart to see each other often. We've never been very far from each other, so this is going to be a big step.

Things are going well here for now....immediate bills are getting paid, car is still running, everyone is healthy and the job is not great but at least its not bad, if you know what I mean!

What's up with all you folks? I hear Quail's hubby got a good job! :woot That makes for a better Christmas!

Last year was our poorest (money-wise)Christmas yet....no money and no hopes for any. It turned out to be the most blessed Christmas ever! The love poured over in abundance and the house felt warm and good to us.

I just love you folks to pieces and have missed you all! :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you are right.
I mentioned to Tony in a chat that families in older times were never far apart. no trains, planes, autos to take them to other countries and other states. now the families are so scattered. good and bad I suppose, but kinda sad too.

You sound very content and that is great! Nothing much new for me. Same old and with Tony laid off I am being frugal and it is working fine.

I now have to put myself into the "don't worry" category. I can't worry too much, life is life and what will be will be and I know me, I am a survivor come whatever, LOL, so counting on me to make it thru, I think I will be fine! :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I think you will be too...you have that pioneer spirit! You'll probably find new wells of confidence and can-do attitude you never knew you had. I know I did and, if this makes sense, when you've got nothing to lose life gets real simple! Every day gets honed down to what is possible and not possible when it comes to finances. If its not possible right then, then you do without.....some things you never thought you could do without! Then it all hits you.....hey! That's what self-sufficiency feels like! Not needing something you can't have in the first place.

You will do fine and will probably have a thing or two to teach us after this is all over! :)

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nice to see have the cow back cleaning the inside of my screen. I can see the text again. :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Hey, UncleJoe!! Whatup? :D Nice to be back among normal folks again.....er...well....MY kind of normal, anyway! :p

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yea. There's not enough of us " normal " folk around. :)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Dace, that's what Quail said!!! :lol: She said she thought I had proven Pat right and died from eating my deer meat! :lol: Hey, the ol' Mennonite lady who showed me how to do this is 94 years old and lives with her daugther who is 78. I don't think I'll be dying anytime soon from tainted deer meat! :D

These ladies have bartered with me this year for vegetables and wheat. They live in a little old house and heat with wood, make their own bread, grow their own garden and preserve everything they can get their hands on. Make their own clothing and such. They are waaaayyy ahead of us on the common sense meter, I think. :)
I guess great minds think alike, eh Quail? :)
What great ladies to strike up a friendship with....they sound terrific!