Bee~ Journal of then...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
What a ripoff here would be working with the hogs in the mess! I would have to supply clothes pins for the nose! Free of charge for labor of course..LOL

Mean Mud Slide...I am there! :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
yeah, that's my only nod to the world of alcohol...I love the mud slides from Applebee's! Had to tell the cruise ship bartender how to make one and he still messed it up...so I got behind the bar and showed him! :lol: :lol: I bet there is a new drink being offered on the Carnival cruise lines, as we speak! ;)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I had to reinforce training on my young dog, Jake, this day. The other day I noticed him "sort of" loping after a chicken. I know what he was doing and it was entirely innocent, but I don't want to encourage this at all. An innocent moment can become carnage with dogs and chickens, I imagine.

He loves to sniff butts! This is his passion in life. Not people's butts but every dog, cat and chicken who has a butt is a potential magnet to our Jake. Disgusting, I know, but we all have our thing, don't we? What do you expect from a "mom" who loves the smell of skunk? :p

So, I had to get a chicken and dominate the dog...anyone looking on would have thought I had lost my mind, but it had to be done! This time, I held the chicken at his throat while he was "in submission".....both the chicken and the dog was stunned, I think! :lol: :lol:

Lucy never needs training...never did. Jake is all jacked up on apples~eats approximately a hundred a day~ and this is the first time he's needed reinforcement since the first day I got the new chickens in March. Not bad for a 2 yr. old Border Collie/Lab mix that can't sit still, jitters around like a cocaine junkie, and is a positively lethal hunter/killer!

I can just imagine what he's thinking: "All I wanted was to sniff it's butt and the old hag picks up a chicken and attacks me with it!" :lol:

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
You are all welcome to come to my house. I have a spare recliner and a love seat. LOL Oh yeah, and dog hair. Lots and lots of dog hair. But the up side is I make really good bread.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Hey Bee, Whats going on? Did you leave for Morels house without me and Sam? Miss you girl.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey beekissed
how busy are you? Is the work holding you hostage?..LOL

come back! and say HI

hope all is well! :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Sorry, everybody! I've missed you all and am dying to hear all the skinny on the boards! My computer is down and will be in the shop this week....been having trouble with it for awhile now and have managed to function, but it finally got too bad. Then, my laptop, having been at the mercy of teenagers, decided to commit suicide to escape the . :( Poor ol' ! She was a good laptop..... :(

Am at the library right now and it feels real weird to be cheating on my computer with some strange Dell at the library..... so shameful! :p

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Sorry, everybody! I've missed you all and am dying to hear all the skinny on the boards! My computer is down and will be in the shop this week....been having trouble with it for awhile now and have managed to function, but it finally got too bad. Then, my laptop, having been at the mercy of teenagers, decided to commit suicide to escape the . :( Poor ol' ! She was a good laptop..... :(

Am at the library right now and it feels real weird to be cheating on my computer with some strange Dell at the library..... so shameful! :p
That was me last month! Well, minus the suicidal laptop. Much better here now. Good luck!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
there's words for people like you cheating on your 'puter
LOL
glad that is all it is...pain, but good to know ya'll are OK