Bee~ Journal of then...

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Glad all is well. Sure have missed you. Need to get that puter fixed and quite your runnin around and cheatin.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
OH I am so glad you are alright! Been worried!!

Hope you computer is fixed soon...shame on you for cheating on it...but so glad you did :lol:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Well sorry about your computer but I am glad all is well. Your wisdom and sass has been missed :)

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Well, Beekissed, glad to hear it was nothing more serious .... glad you're back, even if on a library computer!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well at least you can get a new one or the old one fixed right? It isnt fun having computers go down. We had that happen, but we ordered more ram, bigger processor and it came with a heat sink. We were sure we could rebuild it. We did but it was hair raising to us, lol. Glad you are back :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm finally back on my Dell....no more secret liasons with the library computer for me! .....until next time..... :lol:

Thank you all for your concern and for actually missing my big mouth and my slobbery cow! I've missed so much that it will take me ages to catch up!

I've had so much happen at my place that I think it was God's plan to keep me off this forum so I could devote all my time to my life. Everything happens for a reason on this Earth, I do believe.

Eli got another deer, so there is canned deer meat lining the cellar shelves..... :weee NOT canned with a pressure canner. Also canned up some of the chicken in the freezer for my niece to use.

Son #1, Joel, got a good job in the oil fields out in WY and will be flying out the week after Thanksgiving. Starts out at $65,ooo a year! How's that for a 22 yr old with no prior experience? I call it the "Warm Body Syndrome", when some job markets boom and they have to fill a slot with any available warm body. :lol:

Son #2, Eli, shipped off to his induction day for the Army Guards and came right back the next day because he had gained wt. since his signing up the first time. He will have until Jan. to lose the wt and he doesn't have much to lose, so it should be okay. I cried all day yesterday when he left and have smiled all day since he came home. He was mad, relieved, happy and frustrated all at the same time. He missed me but he needed to get his life started, so this is just a set back for him. I told him that this is the first of many set backs for his life....there are so, so many, aren't there, folks?

The bright lining to that cloud? My BIL, a total bottom-dwelling toe fungus(treats my sis like a dog...well, treats everyone like a dog!), is his recruiter and had lied to him about a few things.....not the least about a $20,000 sign on bonus that Eli didn't get.....got in big trouble for lying about a few other things. Sometimes people DO wreap what they sow. ;)

Too many other things to tell about, but you get the drift! Tomorrow is a big chore day around here and I hope the weather holds for some outside cleanup of the yard, straightening up of the outbuilding, cleaning out of gutters, cleaning of windows and putting up some plastic.

God has blessed me so much this year that I walk around with a smile most of the time. Now to prepare for Christmas!!! :D

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Nice to have you back with us...you were missed!
Sounds like your world has been interesting and busy! Congrats to your new oil tycoon ..LOL.
I think you gave Eli good advice, life flip flops on you and you have to be able to roll with it. The only thing that is for certain in life is change :)

Now if you go missing again you realize we will all blame that canned deer, right?:lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Dace, that's what Quail said!!! :lol: She said she thought I had proven Pat right and died from eating my deer meat! :lol: Hey, the ol' Mennonite lady who showed me how to do this is 94 years old and lives with her daugther who is 78. I don't think I'll be dying anytime soon from tainted deer meat! :D

These ladies have bartered with me this year for vegetables and wheat. They live in a little old house and heat with wood, make their own bread, grow their own garden and preserve everything they can get their hands on. Make their own clothing and such. They are waaaayyy ahead of us on the common sense meter, I think. :)

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
You have definately been missed, sure glad you are back.

I promise I won't preach to you about the deer meat but I won't say it don't scare me some. But then again. You have to know my own canning practices scare the heck out of me sometimes. LOL
My DH is like your little Mennonite women. He says it worked for his grandparents and his parents it will work for us. My only consolation is if it makes me sick he is going with me. :D

My son had some really big promises from his Marine recruiter when he joined up 13 or 14 years ago. What was so bad was the fact that he was a honor student with great grades. Each branch of the service offered him the moon. The Marines made him the best offer. Then wouldn't you just know. All that fell by the way side the minute he got out of bootcamp. Apparently, the military can do that. They did not give him all they promised but then again, he faired better than most. Anyway, he still enjoyed his 6 year experience and he really considered making it a career but decided against it at the last minute. Sometimes I think he regrets not staying in.

But as you say. Life is full of ups and downs. Got to learn to roll with the punches.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Glad you are back BeeKissed, and your slobbery ole cow. :lol: Good to know that you and your Dell worked things out.

Let's not tell my 17 yr old DS about your DS #1's job. He thinks people are just waiting to hand him a good paying job without any college education. The lessons he will have to learn, right? But, congrats to your DS.

I guess you'll just have to quit feedin' your DS #2 so well. I'm sure he was meant to come back for a good reason, though.

Keep on smilin' :)