Bee~ Journal of then...

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
ticks said:
reinbeau said:
Those threads are allowed because they are harmless (yes, mindless, too!) fun for those who enjoy that kind of thing, and when they get big enough, Rob just deletes them. I don't participate in them, but lots of them do, they don't bother me. If you don't care for them then just don't bother with them. Different strokes for different folks.
Reinbeau, they are at 86 go crush their souls.
:lol: :gig

You are evil, Ticks, and I love it! :D

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Hi guys...everyone has prolly one off to bed. We lounged on the beach today....3 families. It was cloudy but relaxing.
Came home, showered a cracked a cold one ;)

Early day tomorrow...in the local parade with my cheerleaders, followed by 3 BBQs! :barnie
I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July...God bless all of our soldiers keepin' us safe!

hugs all!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
lori, I don't know exactly how I hurt the ol' thing! :p When I was loading the cow, I kind of turned it the wrong way on the edge of the ramp but that didn't hurt at the time. The next day it felt like every bone in that foot was shattered. :rolleyes:

Its a bone pain, not muscle or tendon, so I'm thinking a small fracture, stress or evulsion(sp). Nothing can be done about that but offer some support with weight bearing, elevate and ice.

It'll be fine with time.

Got my orchard mowed yesterday and it looks great. Hope to overseed this week with a mix of clovers and orchard grass, then keep the livestock off it until it has time to recover. The apples don't look like they are going to do very well this year, the foliage of many of them is yellowed/brown and the apples are few. There are a few trees that always do well but they are the ones that no one really wants...like red delicious.

Miss my boy. :( I swear, its like walking around with one arm gone when one of these boys are gone for long. Just doesn't feel right. Pretty soon, it will be two gone. I'll have to buck up and work harder around here and it will be just the right tonic for a broken heart.....and THIS is why I do the animals and gardening thingy...exercise, good foods, something to do so I won't go crazy realizing that I'm middle aged, my boys don't need me as much and I'm alone.

Way better than getting lost in TV programming, getting older and more sedentary and whining about my worsening health. OH, I still do that one! :rolleyes: :lol:

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Bee, I twisted my foot once, and tore off a thumb-nail sized piece of bone that a tendon or ligament was attached to. It was so painful! Do you have one of those ankle braces that keeps your foot sort of in one position? That's what they gave me, and it worked, I was able to continue to move around, after using crutches for a week or so, after that as long as I had that brace on it was ok....I even went cross country skiing four weeks later, with the brace on! If it continues to be painful it might be worth looking into. Hope it heals well and soon!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yeah, I was looking enviously at a lady wearing one of those in the store! :lol: I really need one of those but don't have any insurance, so an ace wrap will have to do. Nurses are the worst at wanting to treat at home with rigged up remedies! :lol:

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I wish I still had mine, I'd send it to you, but I think I tossed it in a cleaning fit a few years back. I'm sorry! :hugs

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Reinbeau, it hurt just to read what you did to your foot!

Bee, I hope your foot feels better.

I sort of know what you are going through with your son being gone. My daughter is visiting her tyrant of a father and I know she is having a miserable time, it is just killing me. (Atleast I get her back in one week.) I wish I could help, but I don't have any advice for you. I feel like a piece of my heart is out there unprotected from the world. This is the worst part about being a parent. :( Letting them go.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I heard a phrase once about a mother being the bravest person on earth because they allow their hearts to walk around outside their bodies. I know what they mean by that.

It comes a time for every child to separate from their mother and go out into the world. No one ever notices the empty husk left behind by that growth and emergence.

I have a close connection with my boys, probably more so because we have had only each other on which to depend.....no husband, no father. Kind of makes us a little more interdependent in our relationships, I think. For this, I am not sorry. I wouldn't have had it any other way but it does feel extra wrenching when it is torn, I must say.

Time heals all wounds and, though the scar will stay tender, it won't gape like it does now. I have been in the business of raising men and, for the most part, my job is nearly done. Now its time to look for a new job, I guess. The sky is the limit.....or so they say.

BBH, I don't know if I could have done what you have to do....I went to great measures to keep from having to do that very thing. Through God's grace, it never happened that way for us. No visitation, no gone for the weekends to a strange home with extra moms. I thank God for this even yet!

I don't know how the kids would have turned out if they had had to go. Their dad was not exactly a good person....cursing, tobacco, drugs, drinking, whoring...you name it, he did it.

Thank you, Tallman, for the hugs. Sometimes a person just needs one, don't they? :)