Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
A flower for Bee and BBH....
124033125420.jpg

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Dace, that's just funny :gig
Bee and bbh, cudos to you for raising your kids on your own. It is a hard job. I was fortunate, that when I got divorced, that her dad was still a good dad. I had to force the issue a bit at first, but then we worked it out in "our" daughter's best interest. He and I get along well, so we are still both involved with our daughter and can attend functions together and all that. But I have friends, who couldn't feel that their kids were safe with their father's. And that is a pretty nasty place to be at.
SO and his ex can't even be in the same town, stepson's mom has gone so far as to kidnap him and was out of communication for more than a year. She took him out of state even and moved from one place to another during that time. She is the one with the violent boyfriend (an ex criminal), the drugs and the drinking and who knows what. I think she took him, because he was bonding so well with me. She sure managed to mess the kid up. :somad He's been difficult ever since we got him back, when he was 11 1/2. :rant
Bee keeping busy is the best fix for missing your kid. Remember they do come back. Mine did. She brought along a husband two cats and a dog :ep :lol:
I'm the one who moved out of the house after six months :lol: She still lives in my house. Divorced last year and now has a new boyfriend :clap She still has all the critters. Her Ex couldn't handle the responsibility. Thank goodness, they didn't have kids (which he wanted)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Bee, Dace and FarmerDenice,

I know this is your journal Bee, but I just wanted to tell you guys that reading your journeys through raising children or being a child that went through a divorce, has really helped me!

Thank you!! :hugs

Dace, it really helped to hear your unique perspective of a child going through it. My parents never divorced, so I really don't know how it feels. I know it is NOT fun. I am glad you shared about your mom taking the high road and it worked. Sometimes blood runs down my chin because I am biting my tongue. (Not really, but it is hard!) Kuddos to your mom!

FarmerDenice, you and your SO sound like good folks. What a creepy mother to do that to her son. :somad And a funny story about how thay come back. :gig

Back to Bee's journal...I'm done venting, I promise!!

Bee, did you like our flower? :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Keljonma---I have a variety of apples, some of which I know, some of which I do not. I have red delicious, early transparent, macintosh, Big Reds, and a predominant kind of which I know not the name.....they are a good, sweet/tart apple to use for all purpose. I am going to make vinegar and lots of apple juice this fall, along with apple sauce, apple butter and apple pie filling. I'm also going to try to store some for ours and the animal's use later.

Dace---thank you for the compliment.
And thanks for the flower......er....noxious weed, isn't it? :lol:

Farmerdenise: All those nightmarish stories about ex's always have worried me greatly. I'm glad I can rest at night now without imagining someone taking my kids away where I cannot see them.

BBH, you can vent on my journal anytime you wish! This IS my front porch, after all! :) Lot of venting done there, I can assure you! :lol:

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Everytime I come over here to Bee's place the ad at the bottom of the screen says "Obama asks moms to return to school!"

Whats that supposed to mean?! Is it trying to tell us something?!