Bee~ Journal of then...

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Tallman said:
Live, Love, and Laugh until you gotta wear depends...eh Bee???

With a quote like this, one might need a title that reads - "Depend-able"
Oh man .... :lol: :lol: now THAT is funny! :lol: :lol:

Maybe it is finally time to change the "Sam's Girl" title Bee! ;) :D

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
:hugs We love you Bee!

My mom is always telling me how quiet the house is when we're gone and how much she just misses our laughter in the house. I know how it is a little bit, my littlest one has been gone a week and I can't believe how quiet my house is.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Thanks Tallman!

Beekissed, are you sure we didn't marry the same man?!
:lol: Its likely....he's been married 6 times at last count, so who knows? :p

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:yuckyuck That's sad.

The hardest part is keeping your mouth shut about their father when you just want to tell them how you feel. I have tried to keep my head held high for the past 8 years, never mentioning anything negative about him. (I hate that she doesn't have a positive father figure.) How have you handled this? (If you don't want to talk about it, I'll understand. It is rather a downer Darcy subject.)

When I met mine, he was "on the wagon". I had no idea he was an alcoholic. It began when my girl was about a year old, he lost his job and it flared back up. He has never tried to quit drinking since. It is a shame, he had to sign documents stating that he won't drink. He couldn't even do that. So now she only gets supervised visits with her big brother present. OH THE GUILT!!!
We have a code word "Dove chocolate" that she tells me if he is drinking just in case.

Hey lets find Ticks and Dace and get them to cheer this place up!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I don't mind talking about it.....it was years ago and water way under the bridge. When the kids asked about their dad while growing up they usually asked why we didn't live together anymore. I would tell them that their dad did things that were not nice and would hurt them if they were around him. I explained that he was not a bad person, but he did bad things. This was something even they could understand, as they sometimes did "bad" things too but they knew it didn't make them a bad person. They have never expressed animosity towards their dad......they never really mention him at all anymore. When asked they just act like they aren't even curious enough to wonder about him anymore. I like it that way.

The worst part was when they asked why their dad didn't want to see them. I would then have to explain that some boys were not raised to feel like their kids were important.....this would give me a good way to explain what kind of men I expected them to be when they grew up. Responsible, loving fathers. I hope it stuck! :)

They turned out pretty darn good and are loving and good sons. :love I get compliments on them wherever I go. The most important thing in that success story is that I kept them in church and tried to instill Christian values. I have to have faith that God's promise on that is true and that they will not depart from it. I think that is all a mother can do, isn't it? Do the best you can according to God's will and have faith that He will do the rest! :thumbsup

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Bee, do you have a mix of apple varieties or just Red Delicious? I was wondering if you were planning to use a variety of apples for the vinegar 'experiment' this autumn.

ETA - kids raised the right way usually stay the path, has been my experience. ;) They may have a wild spell, but it never seems to last long.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
My parents divorced when I was about 2. My mother never once said a negative word about my dad....he could not say anything nice about her :rolleyes: By the time I could see the situation clearly for myself, I realized that he was the creep and I have always had enormous respect for my mom for allowing me to discover the truth on my own.

You ladies are doing an awesome job! :hugs