Bee~ Journal of then...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Free, I have dial up and couldn't watch the video but I will do a Google and see if I can find out more about it....it does sound neat!

I do make a soap that I instill into loufa that seems a big hit. I never thought of using wool! Good idea for using the shed wool from my future flock. ;)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Sending prayer and warm thoughts out tonight to my good friend, Morel! :bow Sometimes......just sometimes...the community will hold fast and be there in times of need. We are here and we feel your heartaches. :hugs :hit

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Had someone ask me the other day if I was going to breed my sheep and keep the babies. When I told them the offspring were destined for market, these folks were highly upset! What in the world are people thinking? :hu We are country people....we live in the country.....we have flocks of sheep that we sell at market! Where is the concept getting confused?

Let's see.....keep sheep. Breed sheep. Keep all the sheep you breed until you have no more room for all the sheep. But keep the sheep, keep breeding, keep the sheep until they die on the hoof or you are bankrupt from feeding all the multiplying sheep.

Or maybe.....just maybe....keep all of them to count~ to help you sleep at night because the insomnia created by the worry about keeping and feeding all the sheep..... :smack

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
It is just another example of how far people these days are separated from ... their food ... and REALITY!

Alaska Animal Lover

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I'm only charging $2 a doz. and it seems to be just the right price, but I sell out pretty quickly at that price right now. At first I got a lot of comments about how high that was but that was usually from the uninformed....they changed their minds pretty quickly and now I don't have enough eggs for the demand. Sure wish I had about 6 extra laying hens right now! :p
Wow, going rate here is $3.50-$4.50 a dozen. I have seen folks asking $5! I think I will ask for 3.00dz. when my newest bunch starts laying.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Had someone ask me the other day if I was going to breed my sheep and keep the babies. When I told them the offspring were destined for market, these folks were highly upset! What in the world are people thinking? :hu We are country people....we live in the country.....we have flocks of sheep that we sell at market! Where is the concept getting confused?

Let's see.....keep sheep. Breed sheep. Keep all the sheep you breed until you have no more room for all the sheep. But keep the sheep, keep breeding, keep the sheep until they die on the hoof or you are bankrupt from feeding all the multiplying sheep.

Or maybe.....just maybe....keep all of them to count~ to help you sleep at night because the insomnia created by the worry about keeping and feeding all the sheep..... :smack
These kind are out there and live among us. :hide

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Tallman said:
Beekissed said:

These kind are out there and live among us. :hide
Unfortunately, from where I sit, we live among THEM! :barnie

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey free, do you mean that there are more of them than there are of us? :th

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Tallman said:
OH I sure hope not!

Bee, I call dibs on the first two girls! :gig

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Tallman said:
Uh, yuh. Hunting is evil and how dare I even think of killing my turkeys....and "you actually EAT those eggs and DRINK that milk? Ewwww!!!! I get mine from Costco!"

And yes, :th