Bee's Guest House

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Jeremiah 29:11
New International Version (NIV)
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I believe it, too, Bee, and not just believe it, but have LIVED it, survived it, and have prospered (and multiplied :D ), and have hope for our future!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That's the one!!! Love that verse!

Amen, Aly! I love it when people realize that it's God working in their lives! I used to be one that thought things were always happening to me and thought I was the most unfortunate person in the world....but, thank God, I know better now. Now I just wait for the miracle! :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I will, G! :D

Do you know how perfectly God works things out? This summer I sold nearly everything I own while planning to go to the mission field. Now everything I will be moving will fit in the back of one pickup. Perfect!

Last week I had some rare time to kill while in the office and cleaned out and organized 3+ years of stuff in my drawers and files...today I only had to remove a Walmart bag of my personal items in order to clean out my desk~that and a cork board and new office chair I had just purchased. Perfect!

I haven't bought all my winter wood yet but have enough for two months or so...which might be all the longer I stay here. Perfect!

My dad has settled into the nursing home very well and has everything he needs...but is forgetting who I am now. I can still visit with my mom but it won't be as frequently, so my sister will be taking over that for me. She lives in the next county and needs a project and has always wanted to be Daddy's girl. Perfect!

God's timing is always perfect. :)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
That's the one!!! Love that verse!

Amen, Aly! I love it when people realize that it's God working in their lives! I used to be one that thought things were always happening to me and thought I was the most unfortunate person in the world....but, thank God, I know better now. Now I just wait for the miracle! :)
Not unfortunate, tested and blessed! ;)

I think when we wade through the trials God allows to come before us, He doesn't just leap out to help right away, because He is waiting for us to wait on Him and His timing. After all, his timing IS perfect. ;)

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I just translate all the christian stuff into pagan and then it works for me :lol:

Yup, I babysit my grandson 3 days a week. He is almost 8 months old. He has been a blessing for mom. The perfect medicine to counter her trouble. We can visibly see her unwinding from the stress she has endured for so long. She will be headed to my sister's next week. I will be sorry to see her go, but sis has a better place set up for her. Our house is just a little too small to have someone stay with us long term. We figure she can travel up and down the west coast and take turns staying with us. That way no one gets too overwhelmed with having an extra person stay for too long. Fortunately she enjoys traveling.
I figured she was feeling better yesterday, when she told me to take the compost out on my way to feed the chickens :lol:

so what made you finally decide to quit, if I may ask?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Aly, until I finally read the Bible all the way through recently, I had missed some very pertinent verses....and they applied so much to the situation I encountered at work and helped me understand what was happening. If I hadn't delayed in reading the Bible, those verses wouldn't have been so fresh in my mind.

What I read told me that God takes the vines that produce fruit and he prunes them so they will produce more. All the hurdles I have jumped in this life have been pruning....I just thank God each and every day that He finds me worthy of pruning!

I used to so envy those people who never seemed to have any problems....had good husbands that made good money, never had to leave their homes to go to a job, had farms and all the trimmin's, had good cars to drive and their lives didn't have any bumps.

Now I thank God each and every day that He decided I was fit to prune into something stronger. Someday and somewhere He is going to use me for something, I just know it!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
so what made you finally decide to quit, if I may ask?
It's really too long a tale to tell but to be brief, I have been burnt out for some time, my co-workers have no ethics at all, and the office politics was murder. Then they got worse. In the middle of it all, a voice in my head said, "Now. Now is the time to go." So I went. I didn't fit in there anyway and was tired of trying to keep the peace between all the warring factions and getting caught in the middle all the time.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You know...it just occured to me that I'm going the opposite direction than most of you right now. I~ having done all the SS things, had the SS animal projects in place and all the food growing and storing tools/articles, the cellar and the place to do it~ have gotten rid of all these things. Now, in a failing economy, when most are the most interested in job security and saving money, I am quitting a job.

Here I sit...no SS backup plan, no job. :p Just a dog and a truck. :D