Bee's Guest House

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
You know...it just occured to me that I'm going the opposite direction than most of you right now. I~ having done all the SS things, had the SS animal projects in place and all the food growing and storing tools/articles, the cellar and the place to do it~ have gotten rid of all these things. Now, in a failing economy, when most are the most interested in job security and saving money, I am quitting a job.

Here I sit...no SS backup plan, no job. :p Just a dog and a truck. :D
And Trust! don't forget that!

Here I am, in a position opposite of you, after struggling for 6 years. Finally, we are in a position to get our farm more SS, to be able to provide the basic needs for our children without struggling, and it was all in God's timing. :)

I think His timing for us was when we learned to be satisfied with what we had, what He had already given us. :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yeah, Farm....I'm sure finding that out! :) For some reason He has directed me to let go of my security blanket of SS living and planning I'd been doing, stretch my mind past just hunkering down and making a place for my family to run to in hard times~which I find nothing wrong in doing.

It says in the Bible to work with our hands and wait upon the Lord to come back, which I thought meant for me to do just what I had been doing. Check!~Working with hands, waiting upon His return. Got it.

Then He just drew a curtain down on all my plans for SS living, shook up my thinking and turned me towards working for others and doing His work while I am waiting upon the Lord. Check!~ I let go my animals, my gardens and even all my SS tools and accouterments. Did it. I intensified my giving and working for others and searched for a way to do it full time in the mission field.

Then Dad arrived here and I thought, "Okay...this is finally what God wanted me to do. Stick with my hospice efforts, take care of Dad's needs, and wait upon further direction."

I got further direction this week. No job. Let go of the final security blanket and stand bare headed in the wind and wait upon, fully trust upon, and go where God wills. Why me? I'm not sure. But here I am, standing and waiting, hoping for further directions. I opened my Bible last night when the reality of not having a job hit me and it fell open to the most perfect page for my worries and insecurities! God is here, He is listening, He is going to show me the way....so I stand.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I sure hope so or I'm goin' to feel mighty foolish standing here with nothing and nowhere to be, Farm! :D :lol: What in the world could He have in store for a woman with the life experiences I've had? I've wracked my brain trying to figure out just where my skills would fit into His plan for anyone, anywhere and I'm coming up with nothin'!

But then, I'm not the one running this show.... :p

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I am certain that what ever it is ... HE has you perfectly groomed for the job. ;) :D

Nobody ever thinks about the real lives of the disciples. Many of them left family, all left friends and belongings and personal expectations behind them in order to follow Christ and to do his work. I am sure that Paul was much more comfortable in the life that he lead before his conversion than he was in prison. Get that Book out and do some more reading. That should calm any fears or doubts that are left. ;) :hugs

BTW I still have chapped lips. ;)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
And I still have a sticky note that I lay my hand upon every time I sit down to this gadget and whisper a prayer upon! :D

You know what my sister said when she found out I quit my job? "Good! They didn't deserve you! Now you can write that book you really need to write!" :D :lol: :lol:

She said it would be nice to have a REAL author in the family.... ;)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
All you need is a bright idea (which you have got) and the first few chapters to submit to a publisher. Easy Peasy. ;)