Bee's Guest House

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
:lol: Aly, how's that sweet baby?? Did you sniff her one for me? :D
"that sweet baby" has been crankier than a hornet all day! :lol: 15 minute cat naps off and on, followed by "change me" cries followed by "I need to eat" cries. Yes, I sniffed her for you! :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:lol:

You know what? I was just thinking about how much I wished I had been able to record my children's voices...or at least wish I had thought about recording their voices when they were little. I was thinking I'd give all I own right now to hear their little voices and the things they used to say....I can never get that back and never hear it again. I was much too poor for a video camera but I should have at least taped them on a recorder. I miss those little voices and I can bearly remember now how each one sounded when he talked. :(

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
:lol:

You know what? I was just thinking about how much I wished I had been able to record my children's voices...or at least wish I had thought about recording their voices when they were little. I was thinking I'd give all I own right now to hear their little voices and the things they used to say....I can never get that back and never hear it again. I was much too poor for a video camera but I should have at least taped them on a recorder. I miss those little voices and I can bearly remember now how each one sounded when he talked. :(
When you get to heaven Bee, I am sure that you will have those little voices singing in your ears, because that would be a little piece of heaven. Even if you do record thier voices these days, by the time you want to hear thier voices again, the device used to record never matches up with the one you own now to be able to view it or listen to it anyway...sad but true...
But you are so right about wanting to hear those little voices again in all their innocence

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You know what? I was thinking the exact same thing, Morel!!! :) I was thinking that maybe Heaven has a feature where you can replay your best times on Earth so that you can hear those voices and see those little faces once again....that would just HAVE to be a feature of Heaven, wouldn't it? To me, there isn't much else that would create that level of happiness.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
You know what? I was thinking the exact same thing, Morel!!! :) I was thinking that maybe Heaven has a feature where you can replay your best times on Earth so that you can hear those voices and see those little faces once again....that would just HAVE to be a feature of Heaven, wouldn't it? To me, there isn't much else that would create that level of happiness.
That would just be soooo heavenly, wouldn't it?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yes..it would. :love

Oldest visited for a few days and really helped me jumpstart my moving process. I thank God for that boy every day! He has always been a help to me when I needed someone the most....can organize and clean with the best of women, lift heavy things with ease and enjoys helping his mother instead of having to be driven like a mule to help. Love, love, love that boy! :love

Even after that massive yard sale, I took around 14 large trash bags of clothing and misc. items out of the attic and the boy's room, placed 2 bags in the trash, burned boxes and bags of unwanted and broken items in the burn pit, etc. The local scavenger family who will come and pick up anything came about half hour after my call and took all unwanted items in a jiffy.

They are also going to buy my ancient John Deere mower. YAY! :celebrate

Getting closer and closer to moving out for good. I will be incredibly sad to leave this house in which we had so many good times. It suits me so well, the water is the sweetest I've ever tasted, it stays warm in the winter and cool in the summer and I can see the stars from my bedroom window. Not to mention a whole panorama of stars in the night sky from here.

I'll also be sad to leave this fine orchard, the solitude from neighbors, the quiet and beauty of the scenery out my windows and the abundant wildlife.

BUT....I am excited to start a new adventure in my life! :D I love to turn corners when I am holding God's hand for guidance....He never steers me wrong!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
A fellow contacted me via email and asked permission to use the pics of my skinning method in a book he is writing~he saw these pics on this forum. Cool, huh? Books being written everywhere! I'm going to email him pics of us skinning a deer with the method instead, as his book is on hunting.

Winter is officially here with every other day spitting snow and our first big snow in Oct, which dumped a foot of wet, heavy snow on the area overnight and broke off several trees that still had their leaves. I lost half of a chestnut tree from that storm.

I'm loving this time off from participating in the world outside and have cocooned up in my house by the warm fire. I hope everyone else out there is keeping warm and doing well....I miss some of our absent members and hope they are thriving out there in the world.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hi Bee! :frow glad to hear you are keeping warm and cozy...gosh I can't believe everyone is getting fantastic snowstorms and my grass here in Northern Ontario is still green...we had maybe a 1/2 an inch of hail like snow overnight last night but that is it. Everyone around us and everyone south of us got it. Huntsville is getting blizzards right now and it is only 2 hours from here. I would love the snow to start here.

How cool that that guy is going to use your pictures and your skinning method in his book! Awesome!

And I too often wonder what ever became of Patandchickens...it is strange that she never did come bac to the forum, and she was very suddenly just cut off. I sure hope she is okay, wherever she is.