CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's beautiful!

It's pretty, I like it. When I get the mineral oil and beeswax finish on it, it should look nice.

As a wood worker, one of the very first things you learn is, every board has a good side and a not so good side. The back of the headboard looks like hell, but the front is nice. I won't even bother sanding the back of the headboard it's beyond hope. It will most likely be against a wall anyways.
IMG_20191203_203957104.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
new LED 4ft lights. not that expensive. will pay for themselves eventually and the light is bright and great for being able to see what you're doing. perhaps too good in some cases... i dislike the hum of flourescent lights. LEDs are quiet.

warm enough. i do not want to be cold while trying to figure something out or trying to get a finish right when the paint won't set up right or things freeze.

not having to work on something by laying on a blanket over snow/slush, etc.

i am ok with it being quiet, but some people will appreciate music. you don't need a big stereo, but a few nice small speakers can work well enough.

Yep... LEDs are awesome they are tough enough to take a bump without breaking. Fluorescents on the other hand, rain down glass.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
white ash is such a pretty wood, and IMO underutilized.

I agree with you, they make baseball bats out of white ash. It's hard to work, that's most likely why it's underutilized. We'll see how it does when I try and bend it around the radius on top of the headboard.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's wonderful! How many granddaughters do you have?
What would be the 3rd use of the bed? I figured out crib and juvenile bed (all by myself!) but am stumped by #3.

I have 6 granddaughter's. The 3 in 1 bed is loosely based on set of plans below. After building a few, I just wing it now. Each is unique and a little bit different in design and wood choices (mainly what I have on hand).

Even the very first one, I drifted a little away from the plans, but now I'm way away from the plans. There's only a couple of critical measurements to make it convert from a crib to a toddler bed to a full size bed, the rest is free form to me.

GR-00524.jpg

Last edited: