BIG NEWS!!!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
pioneergirl said:
Could this drive be any more mundane? I'm typing from my phone in Kansas .....salina to be specific. Going to drive about another hour then calling it a day! I'll be on my laptop tonight. :frow
:lol:

Hubby and I LOVE to drive through Kansas. So wide open and flat. The sky just goes on forever. We often VACATION there out on the prairie.

Guess it isn't for everybody. :p ;)
I guess land preferences are ALot like many things...if you have flatland, you want hills, if you have straight hair, you want body...LOL

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Hello from Pueblo, CO!!!! :frow

We drove to Walsenburg, couldn't find a pet friendly hotel, so had to come north here to Pueblo. We'll be going back down to San Acacio tomorrow to meet with the new boss and get a tour of the farm, then we'll get settled into our new digs. :weee

Here's a picture from the Eastern Slope, we'll be in the San Luis Valley, and I can't wait to see those huge mountains I grew up loving!!

217_part_1283219011400.jpg

More tomorrow!!

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
For those who don't follow me on FB, I just wanted to say...

We made it! We are officially in San Acacio, CO. The yesterday and today have been a whirlwind, with DH jumping right in with a tour of the farm, part of which entailed him getting soaked while fixing a sprinkler head, lol. Today, after checking sprinklers he's been hauling hay by the semi-load along with a few others, out of the field and into the barns. He'll be home for lunch shortly.

As for me, I mowed, scrubbed the outside of this house, (after scrubbing the inside last night) and am working on bringing the flower beds back to life.

Benjamin (the dog) is having a hard time adjusting to farm cats. There is a really friendly black female cat that hangs around, but they don't get along, no matter how hard I try. I've named her "skinny", because, well, she IS! lol

There is a small structure out back, that I'm sure was a house back in the 30's or so (adobe) that someone converted into a rabbit shed. I'll be cleaning it up and using it for the same purpose, and maybe even a chicken coop since it has to rooms. The boss said I can have whatever animals I want, as long as its not a herd, lol...and she was extremely glad I asked.....evidently the last person that was here had MANY animals and never even asked if he could have ONE! Rude.

I also asked if I could paint on the inside of the main house, and she had no problem with that at all. Thank goodness! Every wall in this place is white, and with the red dust that blows around, well, you can just imagine. I figured a nice tan for the walls with chocolate trim. Then it won't look so grungy, or stark.

I guess some people at one time had a garden, and used the rabbit manure to fertilize....evidently it was a good garden. Next year.....

Anyway, thats about all....I'll try to upload pictures but the internet for me right now is horribly slow. Should be better once we get with a local company.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
pioneergirl said:
For those who don't follow me on FB, I just wanted to say...

We made it! We are officially in San Acacio, CO. The yesterday and today have been a whirlwind, with DH jumping right in with a tour of the farm, part of which entailed him getting soaked while fixing a sprinkler head, lol. Today, after checking sprinklers he's been hauling hay by the semi-load along with a few others, out of the field and into the barns. He'll be home for lunch shortly.

As for me, I mowed, scrubbed the outside of this house, (after scrubbing the inside last night) and am working on bringing the flower beds back to life.

Benjamin (the dog) is having a hard time adjusting to farm cats. There is a really friendly black female cat that hangs around, but they don't get along, no matter how hard I try. I've named her "skinny", because, well, she IS! lol

There is a small structure out back, that I'm sure was a house back in the 30's or so (adobe) that someone converted into a rabbit shed. I'll be cleaning it up and using it for the same purpose, and maybe even a chicken coop since it has to rooms. The boss said I can have whatever animals I want, as long as its not a herd, lol...and she was extremely glad I asked.....evidently the last person that was here had MANY animals and never even asked if he could have ONE! Rude.

I also asked if I could paint on the inside of the main house, and she had no problem with that at all. Thank goodness! Every wall in this place is white, and with the red dust that blows around, well, you can just imagine. I figured a nice tan for the walls with chocolate trim. Then it won't look so grungy, or stark.

I guess some people at one time had a garden, and used the rabbit manure to fertilize....evidently it was a good garden. Next year.....

Anyway, thats about all....I'll try to upload pictures but the internet for me right now is horribly slow. Should be better once we get with a local company.
Great news, I was worried about you - thinking perhaps it would be a total dump!

You should check out that rabbit barn, perhaps there is bedding still left, dump it in the garden now and dig it in a bit - you'll be good to go first thing next year. :D

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
pioneergirl said:
:weee <----me running around trying to think!!

:ya <----me when I stop to realize what is going on!

:th <-----me when I realize how much stuff I have to do today!

:bun <---me when I'm telling them all to kiss my........!!!!!!
VERY :yuckyuck
I am SO happy for you!! ...and, a little bit jealous--DH spent his summers in Georgetown, and has a 2nd cousin in Downieville. We, as a family have been out to CO lots and lots of times, but couldn't figure out how to making a living out there.
You go, girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup :clap :ya :woot :bun
:tongue to those who should kiss your...um...bunny :bun

Are you in Sanford (81151 zip code)? I couldn't find San Acacio. :(