Bimpnottin's Journal - OFG: Bacon scarf

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
What a cool idea. Its a new disposal right? :p

I saw a show once where the guy had a garbage disposal in his green house / yard shed. He put everything through it and then into the compost. I think I would give it to my chickens instead.

g

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Brand new disposal. He drilled a "drain" hole into a large board that we dump the quartered apples onto. Then, it gets fed through the disposal and falls into a bucket underneath. Not the most appetizing looking stuff underneath, but it sure did squeeze out a lot more cider than we've ever gotten. We've been saving milk jugs for months and after we do more on Saturday, Dad will have to plug in his other freezer, to hold the jugs of cider.

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I am not winning the Mother of the Year Award. Let's just get that out there right now. Let's also get it out there that I didn't murdelize them, but I seriously considered.

To start the day 3YO didn't get enough sleep and we have already suffered through MAJOR TODDLER MELTDOWN twice today. First time, I was trying to get 5YO outside to the bus and 3YO wouldn't. get.her.shoes.on. So, I made her move and went outside with 5YO and dog. 3YO decides to come outside with just socks on and scream at me (in that horrible, high-pitched-get-on-every-nerve-toddler-screech-that-would-drive-animals-insane-and-break-glass-scream). Only points to me today, I ignored her. Stopped ignoring her when her 5YO sister turns around and says, "Mom, you better get her down!" Get her down, from what!!!!???? Then, I turn around to see her walking on top of the deck railing. :ep Which at that point of the deck is 8 feet off the ground over the gravel driveway.

So, do I run at her and scream at her to get down? No, might scare her, and her little 30# 3ft tall body would fall a long way. Do I ignore her and walk over there? Ignoring is obviously not working. So, I march over there, not screaming (maybe another point for me today) and tell her to get down. NOW! By the time I walked from the road to the deck, she did get down. However, she is not to be outdone, so proceeds to scream and spit - AGAIN. :barnie This is where I proceded to lose any and all Mommy points accumulated for the day, and probably put myself into debt for the next several days. I flicked her mouth for spitting at me and spanked her. HARD.

This is all before 7 a.m.

Fast forward to about noon. I'm in the bathroom downstairs when I hear this funny plink, plink noise. Brand new bathroom. What the heck is that noise? Please let it not be the creepy mouse that won't get caught in a trap and runs across the living room entrance when I'm sitting in my chair and it Looks at me. Please...Please...Please.

Ok, after taking a big breath, I swing the door open. (Not sure what I'm going to do if I see the darn mouse, not like I have anything to even throw at it.) What do I see? Mouse? No.

No, I see WATER dripping from the ceiling by the bathroom door. WHAT THE HELLO is going on!!!! I tear upstairs like a mad woman (oh, yeah, I was!) and there is my 3YO in the upstairs bathroom flooding the sink and watching it flow on to the floor. So, deep breath and proud moment where I didn't absolutely beat her, I turned off the water, and mopped up the bathroom upstairs, so I could come downstairs and repeat mopping.

Do you know what her reason was for getting everything wet?

"I didn't want to take a nap."

It is now 2:45 and raining outside, so I can't kick them outside. I do think that I put the fear of God into them, for at least a few hours, and if they step foot in my sight, they are toast.

p.s. On the plus side, I did manage to get my crabapple jelly and grape jelly done. :th

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Don't feel bad, I had a mommy melt down today, and totally over reacted to six year not knowing where his jacket was. :rolleyes:

It totally happens to all of us.

Go sing a few bars of the Molting Ladies :lol:

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I would most definitely, without a doubt, rather see a mouse Looking At Me. ;) :lol:

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I've had my share of those days, too. She was pushing every button this morning and then to flood the bathroom. :ep

I really need an hour to myself - which should have been during naptime, which was absolutely nonexistant today - to prepare myself and get ready for my Catechist meeting at church. So, God, are you TRYING to make fun of me today? :hu

Really, I have to go to this meeting where two of the other teachers are the perfect Catholic moms. You know the kind: sit in the front pew at church with all 7 perfectly-behaved children quietly saying their rosaries, say God Bless You and mean it, and look serene. Yeah, that's never going to be me. I have the kids that kick the pews, throw the books, talk - loudly, and if you do anything to discipline, loudly yell "STOP PINCHING ME" during the service. :hide

Sigh. It's probably wrong to think I need a drink before going to a church meeting. Plus, they gave me the 7th graders. Seriously, 7th graders DO NOT want to be there, so really don't care what I say. Days like today make me really wonder if I'm the right person for this job. um, make that this volunteer position.

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i_am2bz said:
I would most definitely, without a doubt, rather see a mouse Looking At Me. ;) :lol:
Seriously, this mouse stops in the space between the living room and kitchen and LOOKS at me. Yuck.

Oh yeah, and my husband was cleaning out a cupboard to make more room for canning jars and I hear this: "You have got to be kidding me." This translated into me thinking, "Yuck, he found a mouse nest or something." (See, this is how my brain works)

Nope, found the thermos he couldn't find. Really? I needed that much work up for a thermos.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, seeing as I had 14 pet white mice that I rescued from a lab once, they don't scare me much. Water dripping from the ceiling...that's another story. :hide