Bimpnottin's Journal - OFG: Bacon scarf

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Wow, your furntiure has it in for ya'll! Is that table haunted/possessed or something....WHY would someone sell it for $25? Sounds like they're hiding something :p Just jokin....glad ya'll are all okay :hugs
I'm starting to wonder :duc. Actually they put the table up for silent auction, so the highest bid won.

I want a drink, but have bloodwork tomorrow, so shouldn't, but let me tell you, it's REALLY TEMPTING!

DianeS

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow, soon you'll know the ER staff by their first names! Hope everyone is recovering nicely.

I wanted to chime in on the puppets. I think a sheep and a snake would be easy to make and recognizable. For the sheep you could "fuzz" the felt by roughing it up with a hairbrush. And the snake's most recognizable characteristic is the forked tongue. Sounds like a great craft!

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just went and got a bucket of pears for $6!!! 5-gallon bucket of all kinds of Asian pears. They look incredible and the best thing is that they are still hard as rocks, so I have a few days to take care of them! I like adding them to my applesauce, because the pears sure do sweeten it. Plus, more dehydrated pears, canned pears, and I'll still have some for some of my apple, pear, cherry relishes - the kids love it.

I picked a 5-gallon bucket of apples from my Prairie Spy apple last night, and you can't even tell I picked any. I have a crockpot full of apple butter going on the cupboard. I should be making something else, but I feel lousy today - probably from my flu shot yesterday, so my 3YO and I are having a snuggle morning with cartoons and a little :hide computer time.

Have open house at school tonight, which also includes spaghetti dinner, so I don't have to worry about supper. Now, just need to think of something to feed the kids for lunch. It might just be a peanut butter sandwich day, with apple fries, and some chips. yep, easy today.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
When my son was little, it seemed like every time I turned around, I had to take him to the ER! I was afraid that they were going to call CPS on me, and mentioned it. They said he didn't have the "right' injuries.

A few years ago, I ended up at the ER 2x w/in 24 hours. First, I got attacked by yellow jackets, then I got bucked off of Misty the next day.

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The good news is that my 8YO said she didn't even need the tylenol this morning and her head only hurt when she touched it. Still out of gym for the rest of the week. I did about die when I was cutting grass yesterday and my 5YO -the one with the staples in her head - was hanging upside down on the trapeze bar and not hanging on. I turned the mower off and let her have it. Then, I caught her doing it again! :barnie I stopped looking. :idunno

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I dragged my husband along to a craft show today. Usually my SIL goes with me, but she was busy today. I told him to go sit in the Jeep and take a nap, but he stuck it out with me. I'm not sure he's ever going to let me live it down. :rolleyes: Didn't do great, but didn't do horrible, either. Made enough to cover our food, the gas money, the booth fee, plus a little. So, I'm a little ahead. Plus, it was a day with my hubby :love, outside and it got to be a beautiful 58 degrees, versus the 31 degrees we started at, and my Mom watched the kids. All in all, a winning day. (Except for the debt I am now in to my husband, redeemable at some future date :ep )

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
1. Have a pot of grapes simmering on the stove for juice. Kids helped me pick a 5-gallon pail of wild grapes yesterday.
2. Pot of cinnamon syrup getting ready to boil for my cinnamon apple rings.
3. 2 big bots of apples and pears cooking for applesauce.

We picked a 5-gallon bucket of crabapples yesterday. I'm going to pickle a bunch of them and my husband wants apple jelly. I don't like apple jelly, so I've never made it. Guess I'll figure it out.

We also picked our brussel sprouts :sick yesterday, almost 3 gallons worth. So, he has to blanch them tonight, so we can freeze them. I've got the stove too full right now. I've got a burner open for the steam canner.

Only have an ice cream bucket of pears left from the 5-gallon pail I went and got and I'm going to do more sauce today, so I'll have to get another pail to make more dehydrated and some brandied pears and some canned pears.

My hubby picked me 2 5-gallon pails of apples from the big tree yesterday. Already through one of them doing sauce. I'll use another 1/2 bucket in the rest of the sauce today.

I need to make some kind of dessert today.

Also made a batch of apple salsa yesterday to go with our pork chops for supper. WOW! :ep The jalapenos were HOT. My poor 3YO is going to be just like me. I can't handle peppers without gloves, because I get actual chemical burns from them. She snitched some of the salsa while Daddy was making it and then sat with an ice cube on her lower lip for an hour. The capsacin gets her just like me.

Ok, back to checking on the stove.

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
21 pints of apple/pear sauce canned. 7 pints of grape juice. 3 quarts of grape juice. And 8 cups of grape juice to be made into grape jelly. :drool I have a problem, and I hope my husband will stop on his way home. I have lots of wide mouth lids, but no more wide mouth jars. :rolleyes: Then, I only have a couple regular mouth lids left and that's what I have left for jars.

So, I've got to wait to make the grape jelly. Also made the cinnamon syrup for my apple rings, but can't can them, either. Also had another 1/2 kettle of pears and apples cut up to start cooking when I realized that I don't have the right lids.

Definitely a member of the MeSSy Kitchen club today! :hide I hope I can squeeze everything into the fridge.

You know you've hit bottom on jars when you start going through your fridge to see what jars you can empty, combine, or put into tupperware, so you can reuse the jars. :barnie

I need to go get another 5-gallon bucket of pears, but I need more lids first.

Tomorrow morning is going to be a bust. Youngest two and I have our dentist appointments - 3YO's first "real" appt. Have to get dog food before we go to the dentist. Also have to try and get lids, if hubby doesn't get me a couple packages tonight. I have to be home by 11:15, so I can be here when the neighbor gets off the bus. My 5YO isn't going to school tomorrow, because of dentist.

It's a good thing my sister loves me no matter what, because my house is mostly a disaster and she's coming home from VA on Thursday and staying until Sunday. Haven't seen her in 2 years. That's the big reason that I'm trying to get this stuff done RIGHT NOW. I want to spend time with her. We couldn't stand each other until we were in our twenties, and now we never get to see each other.

p.s. How would you go about getting LOTS of blue glitter out of your washing machine's fabric softener dispenser? :he The mysterious and awfully sneaky "I Don't Know" has attacked again and dumped a cup of blue glitter into the center of my agitator, which is where liquid fabric softener would go, if I used the stuff. I've tried to vacuum it out. I've tried to dampen a paper towel and hope it would stick to it. I've tried to tape a paper towel tube to the end of my vacuum, to try and make it longer and skinnier to suck it out. So far, I've gotten a token amount out. I'm scared that if I wash clothes, everything will be full of blue glitter. Now, I do have three girls, so there is always some kind of glitter in there, but never a CUP's WORTH! When I figure out who "I Don't Know" is, they are dead meat!:th

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Hubby used to work cleaning a children's art workshop, so I asked him about your glitter. He suggested you just run the washer through a cycle with no clothes in it. Perhaps you should let the washer drain into a big bucket or something so that all of the glitter does not end up in the drain pipes?

I also just want to give you a big hug. :hugs

I read you journal and laugh out loud sometimes! Your life and your glorious kiddos remind me so much of years gone by. Memories of a screaming kid stuck dangling by one foot from the swing set. Memories of a son with stitches in his leg, stitches in his head and leaping wildly off of a stone wall taller than he was. Memories of kids on the roof when they were supposed to be playing, feeding each other milkweed pods, peeling wall paper and in general causing their mother stress.

I lived through it and so did all three of my kids. I have faith that you will survive it as well. :thumbsup

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
What kind of washer do you have? My fabric softener dispenser is in the center on top of the agitator and will actually pull completely off so I can take it to the sink to clean it out....hubby has a very bad habit of getting the detergent in there.