Birth control in a EOTWAWKI situation?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
So glad I don't have to worry about that!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I don't have to worry about it. My stuff don't work anyway :p I'm just carrying around a useless lump of 5 pounds or so I could lose if they'd just take it on out :lol:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
True confessions - I had my 'cradle' taken out a couple decades ago - BEST thing I ever did for myself! Actually, the OB/GYN did it, but it made my life so much simpler... :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Lucky :p If mine aint gonna work anyway, I don't see why I have to keep carrying the darn thing around...if I had insurance... :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
frustratedearthmother said:
True confessions - I had my 'cradle' taken out a couple decades ago - BEST thing I ever did for myself! Actually, the OB/GYN did it, but it made my life so much simpler... :)
Mine hasn't been gone quite that long, but I agree! I've often said that was my favorite operation. :lol:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I've never had an operation that I actually remember. I had bladder surgery when i was a kid, and i often wonder if those lugnuts didn't mess something up to begin with :/

heatherlynnky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My plan was withdrawl method. Honestly I prevent pregnancy this way for 5 years pretty successfully. BUT then I started early premenopause. Now the plan is for it to hurry the heck up so I don't have to have a plan. I agree abstinence would not go well with the hubbies and since mine does the heavy dirty stuff......well you really don't want them cranky and nuts.

heatherlynnky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Well snipping the guy is effective too if you don't want children :hu I don't know about wrapping anything in a sheeps anything that's going to then go INTO my "space" ....NOT happenin!
i almost passed out at the thought of that. I mean seriously I would just rather have another kiddo. uggg sheep condom gross

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, so long as there is a Catholic Church functioning in your vacinity, all you have to do is set up an appointment with a Natural Family Planning instructor.....most of them are nurses and she/he can instruct you on how to naturally prevent pregnancies. It works pretty good, when you don't take unnecessary chances on potentially fertile days. So if TSHTF, just hope and pray that the RCC is still in existance and functioning in your areas.

Blaundee

Power Conserver
Reaction score
heatherlynnky said:
My plan was withdrawl method. Honestly I prevent pregnancy this way for 5 years pretty successfully. BUT then I started early premenopause. Now the plan is for it to hurry the heck up so I don't have to have a plan. I agree abstinence would not go well with the hubbies and since mine does the heavy dirty stuff......well you really don't want them cranky and nuts.
Exactly LOL