Blossom & Flower, a sporatic goat journal _ I think Billy has CL

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Thank You BBH. My grandma taught me that your animals come first, because they can't do for themselves.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and well wishes and hugs. They were much appreciated.

Flower is already looking better. We decided to have both goats spend the night in the xpen in the house. I have to give Flower one more vitamin B1 shot.

SO made a nice and simple dinner, we've locked the chickenhouse, tossed some alfalfa and fresh greens to the rabbit, filled the dog bowl a second time, she might still be hungry :p, brought little Petey in for the 3rd time tonight, changed the little roos water, and diapered and fed the baby goats.
I can have that shot of vodka in pineapple juice and watch a show about cattle ranching.

Good night.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Flower and Blossom were in the xpen all night. They didn't wake up til 8:30 am.
I am still worried about Flower. She does not lay down. She sleeps standing up. She is still hunched.
After taking care of the rest of the farm animals, I sat with her. She sat down on my lap and I stroked her. I did some Reiki on her and she finally relaxed completely and fell into a deep sleep. I was able to sneak out of the pen. It is 1 1/2 hours later now and she is still laying down sleeping.
I think she is still in pain. I am going to see if there is something I can give her, that does not require a trip to the vet's.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I hope your goaties are doing better today. Cute that you gave Flower some extra snuggles.

You are a good farmer momma, ya know that?

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Keeping up the jingles and good vibes for little Flower.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
We see small improvements in Flower every day. She seems to be getting some of her vision back. She is getting 3 bottles of milk a day and 2 bottles of electrolite/vitamins. I am also giving her children's Ibuprophen, which seems to help her. She is no longer sleeping standing up as of last night. She is also browsing, eating some alfalfa and loves her grains. Both goats were out in the field with me, while I was raking up hay for them.
It is so nice to see Blossom skip hopping again. :love And Flower is wagging her tail more often :)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
She was sleeping standing UP????? How did I miss THAT???

Skip hopping is great! And we'll take tail wagging! Woohoo!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thats GREAT news!! Altho she is not out of the woods...she seems to be WELL on her way to recovery!! Woohoo!! Your such a GOOD goat momma!