Breakfast for dinner

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
How often do you do this?

I realize I don't do it enough. I am washing tons of eggs right now and am thinking, hmm...I have to do breakfast for dinner at least 1 time per week. I have sausage and eggs by the boatload..LOL

Wondering if it is something you eat often for dinner or do you just eat it on a whim when you think about it?

And what do you have???for good variety! :)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I looove breakfast for dinner!!!!!!!! My favorite "dinner" is eggs and bacon with biscuits and gravy!

And vice versa!

My favorite breakfast is a big juicy steak with eggs and grits on the side!

:drool

Now I'm hungry!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
We only do breakfast for dinner on a whim...when we are low on time and I just can't think of anything.
Usually it will be pancakes or scrambled egg burritos.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We do breakfast or some kind of egg type dinner several times a week. Quiche is a mainstay at this house. Everyone loves it with some kind of meat, cheese and broccoli. Omelet night is always a hit and Greg's always ready to whip up some scrambled eggs for the kids if I'm out of commission for some reason.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
:th Never.

When I was growing up, my mom would make breakfast for dinner when we couldn't think of anything we wanted. I always thought it was fun!

I have suggested it a few times to my husband, but he seems to prefer take-out. :p I don't understand, because he LOVES pancakes.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Guilty!

I make a scrambled egg concoction weekly. It is a great way to use up all the chopped veggies before the end of the week.

DrakeMaiden, tell him it is a fritatta or a fritter! :D

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Whats not to like? Its cheaper, usually quicker and who doesn't like breakfast foods? Sliced ham with scrambled eggs, biscuits & red eye gravy; a breakfasty type quiche with sausage or bacon & veggies; or an egg, peppers, onion, mushroom & sausage/ham burrito are our favorites.

Oh and hashbrown casserole! Which was fantabulicious with the made-from-scratch Cream of Mushroom :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh wow the hashbrowns. I forgot about those. yummy big time!
to die for!!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
We do it quite often, and actually we had pancakes last night with bacon an apple slices.

Dh works shift--12 hr shifts, and he is on nights right now,so we usually have bk for dinner once or twice while he is on nights. He gets up right around the time the kids come home from school, and leaves for work at 5:30. We eat bk, then he leaves for work.

I always try to make them balanced, so we pick and choose from pancakes, french toast, eggs and home fries, hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, omelettes, quiche, and always include a fruit (cuz it goes better with breakfast, although when we do eggs, tomatoes are a big hit.)or fruit salad, smoothie etc.

My kids LOVE having breakfast for supper!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
We have breakfast for dinner quite a bit.

We recently had pancakes made with some stone-ground cornmeal with some locally-produced maple syrup for dinner. YUM!