Building a Chicken Tractor

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
As usual, I'm using materials I have and molding them around this effervescent picture I have in my head.

Your a lady after my own heart. That's exactly how I work also. Picture it in my head then make it happen based on what I have on hand with minimal store bought materials. The problem with me is getting it out of my head and into reality. What i picture is rarely what I produce.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Picking up the 3 year old grand daughter in the morning. I’ll slap a paint brush in her hand and let her have at it. Made progress today. Going to finish one so I can get the older chicks off the porch!

3F2400E1-C1E2-413B-AB08-B6091DB0B809.jpeg

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Um... Your tractors make mine look like cardboard boxes. But I don't have a tractor to move my tractors.... So they're waaaaay smaller!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
How will you hitch that to the tractor? Just curious. Seems awful wide, don't want to stress the frame

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Your a lady after my own heart. That's exactly how I work also. Picture it in my head then make it happen based on what I have on hand with minimal store bought materials. The problem with me is getting it out of my head and into reality. What i picture is rarely what I produce.
You are an artist whose medium is wood. From cutting the tree, milling the wood to the finished product, you breathe life into an inert object. You have the patience to let the wood dry slowly, you have the feel of the wood, it speaks to you and you answer it in your soul. The essence of the tree leads your spirit and your hands fashion the wood into objects of art. The life force of the tree flows into your heart, leading your mind in the direction that shows the character and complexity of the wood grain, color and beauty. You work on the level of a Master of fire and ice, the sparkle of sunlight and the depths of darkness, bringing forth the vital spark of true quality.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How will you hitch that to the tractor? Just curious. Seems awful wide, don't want to stress the frame
I have quick connect on the tractor, gosh I LOVE that, and I'll just use a chain. I watched a guy load up our 12'x24' portable building using pins and a chain. The pins didn't even have nuts to hold them. I'll drill holes for bolts, using fender washers, nuts and a chain to hook onto. I'll get a picture of the hooks tomorrow. Or I could use the front end loader to lift the front end.

It's 7' wide, I'll probably put braces on the corners.