Bulk Food resources

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Thought it would be nice to have a thread devoted to where to food in bulk.

The following states www.azurestandard.com delivers to.
Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington and Wyoming
More states are being added slowly.

Post your local co-ops, and I will add them to this list.

http://www.clnf.org/ Michigan
http://beprepared.com/Default.asp?bhcd2=1296761499
http://www.restaurantdepot.com/index.aspx
http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I wish I had one. I usually buy form my health food store. They give a 10% discount for buying the 50lb bag. But still not the best price. I don't stock much in that size anyways. :idunno

g

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I wish I had one. I usually buy form my health food store. They give a 10% discount for buying the 50lb bag. But still not the best price. I don't stock much in that size anyways. :idunno

g
You are in Azures delivery area!
Call them and ask for your local drop point.
You can buy any size you want at a good savings.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The last co-op I belonged to (in another state) merged with General Mills and was shut down.

I'd love to find bulk as in 50 pound bags of wheat berries, etc.

I'd also love to find a place like Winco was in California ... they had a HUGE bulk section almost as big as the whole grocery store here. Sold spices, dried fruit, nuts, pasta, flours, cocoa, oats, etc etc in bulk bins for pretty good prices.

I miss buying spices that way. Paying for a 1 oz bottle become ridiculous when I'm used to by the pound prices. :)

I've been looking, and if I find anything, will post here. So far, no luck. I thought of starting one myself, since I just found out it's only $15 for a business license here. Just can't do it right now, but maybe when things get in order better. :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I buy from the Amish country store. they have 50 pound bags of wheat berries, oats, and a few other things. Not too bad prices I don't guess...$54 for 50 lb. of wheat..I dunno what everyone else pays, but that sounds good enough to me :hu well it has to be anyway, it's my only choice until I grow my own this year in the garden.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
We purchase a lot of our bulk foods like wheat berries and such from Country Life Natural Foods . They too deliver free (in certain areas) if you meet the minimum purchase requirement. They have pretty good prices and a lot of natural and organic foods.

For long term storage wheat berries, If you would prefer not to go the mylar bag and O2 absorbers in a bucket route, Emergency Essentials offers competitive prices when you figure in their shipping is only $12 or less within the lower 48 states.

Another bulk food supplier is The Restaurant Depot . You need a business license (or a friend with one), but they have good wholesale prices. Unfortunately the closest one to me is about 200 miles. However, I do plan to go with a friend and check them out this spring.

ETA a link to Emergency Essentials

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I buy from the Amish country store. they have 50 pound bags of wheat berries, oats, and a few other things. Not too bad prices I don't guess...$54 for 50 lb. of wheat..I dunno what everyone else pays, but that sounds good enough to me :hu well it has to be anyway, it's my only choice until I grow my own this year in the garden.
Azure has organic wheat berries for $30 for 50 lbs.
But I think you are out of delivery area for them still.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
We purchase a lot of our bulk foods like wheat berries and such from Country Life Natural Foods . They too deliver free (in certain areas) if you meet the minimum purchase requirement. They have pretty good prices and a lot of natural and organic foods.

For long term storage wheat berries, If you would prefer not to go the mylar bag and O2 absorbers in a bucket route, Emergency Essentials offers competitive prices when you figure in their shipping is only $12 or less within the lower 48 states.

Another bulk food supplier is The Restaurant Depot . You need a business license (or a friend with one), but they have good wholesale prices. Unfortunately the closest one to me is about 200 miles. However, I do plan to go with a friend and check them out this spring.
It is worth driving that far, for 6 month stock ups.

We are setting up our own drop point this month.
I have to drive to the Port in Anchorage to get the pallets, but it is way worth the savings!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Wannabefree said:
Azure has organic wheat berries for $30 for 50 lbs.
But I think you are out of delivery area for them still.
I'm always out of delivery area for the good stuff :lol: VERY nice prices there though....if only..... :hu