Buy chocolate now!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh yea stores like CVS and Walgreens pratically give away their Valentines chocolate----yup that is when I go shopping! :lol:

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
oh yea stores like CVS and Walgreens pratically give away their Valentines chocolate----yup that is when I go shopping! :lol:
And Christmas and Easter and Halloween, all the holidays. Much better quality that what is left at the dreaded W@!^^@?t and usually more.

That was a challenge.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You guys are really getting to me :lol: Today I was at the supermarket - had to go for one thing, and had a hard time figuring out how to make the trip worhtwhile as I didn't really need anything else :rolleyes: - and as I was passing the aisle with cocoa I was thinking "I need to buy chocolate!". Thing is, I have plenty of chocolate (Christmas is just past, for heaven's sake!); I've got baking chocolate, I've got several bags of chocolate chips, I've got several (4? 5?) packages of cocoa. And I rarely use any of it - the older I get, the less I seem to yearn for the stuff. And yet, for all that, I almost found myself putting some in the cart. Luckily good sense kicked in, and I was able to resist :p. (That said, I just found what looks to be a very nice chocolate recipe; I'll let you know if it turns out :))

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
FarmerChick said:
And Christmas and Easter and Halloween, all the holidays. Much better quality that what is left at the dreaded W@!^^@?t and usually more.

That was a challenge.
:bun :lol:

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
I know I will be stocking up !!!!

DH LIVES on BOTH!!!!

Must keep Paco happy......

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ORChick, you think you had it bad. I found myself in the bulk foods section talking with the young man who places the orders. The chocolate chips come in 50lb boxes and the Ghirardelli Powder is in a 25lb box. Thats a big chunk of cash. I opted to wait for a sale and buy by the pound.

g