Cackling Ranch - A journal of things and stuff.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It's great to see you :hugs So sorry to hear about the problems with that snake! Goodness, I like snakes, but they can be horrible around the home and homestead when they start biting and taking chickens. I'm glad all the animals are o.k. now.

Can you show/tell us more about your coops when you get time, please? I am a huge fan of recycling and saving a bit of money and you are rocking it over there! (Maybe in a separate thread if you won't mind?)

Ferguson K

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Can you show/tell us more about your coops when you get time, please? I am a huge fan of recycling and saving a bit of money and you are rocking it over there! (Maybe in a separate thread if you won't mind?)

I will try to get it knocked out tomorrow!

Ferguson K

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
IMG_2373.PNG
I ordered these, but in a 6 pack, and used old tidy cat cat litter pails. I'll see if I can get pictures in a bit.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Welcome to SS! :frow Your pics are amazing!

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Whooo! Welcome over here! Can't wait to watch what is in store for y'all.! Any garden plans for this year or are you holding off due to the impending move?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Constant rain... is just ... ugh! It literally starts to 'get ya' mentally. At least it does me.. I NEED sunshine! The goats need sunshine! The garden needs sunshine! This too will pass and by July we'll wish we had some rain... maybe.

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We were just there and expected to have been there again but it missed us yesterday. Hoping it misses us again today.... But it's coming. It does get to a person mentally. It's hard for it not to. Minnesota is one of the leading States with SAD - seasonal affected disorder so i get it fully!

As for the goats i really hope that y'all can get the parasites under control! We are still dealing with them here as well and it is no fun. None at all.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's all around us right now...south of us...east of us...west of us...north of us. But, for the moment, we're sitting in a bubble of nuttin! And, I'm grateful because I was able to get feeding done...

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
One thing I got to say about this place is though it rains here OFTEN, we don't often get a lot in one go and it usually dries off quick enough. Mud is not a huge problem either, but I am curious how it's affecting parasites here… I did notice the farmers move their cows indoors over winter. One explained to us that it's because of the wet winters we're getting.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Zinnia's lovely! I hope she makes a full recovery.