Carry

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
10 shots from 5 yards, 10 shots from 10 yards & 10 shots from 20 yards. I got all 30 shots in the silhouette, so I scored 100% :) I only needed 70% to qualify. I'm happy I qualifed and got my certificate. Now off to get fingerprints ($55.00) and application for consealed carry license ($150.00) which is good for 5 years upon the date of issue

Instructor told me to take the target home and hang on the front door. So that's what I did. Not the best by any means but I'm happy for a revolver with 2" barrel.
IMG_20180506_170839259.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I know I need new glasses and I'm making a eye doctors appointment. But honestly i'm having a heck of a time with black on black iron sights. So being from Creal I came up with a solution. Bright orange neon finger nail polish from Dollar General and I'll be doggoned it works. And for $1.00 I've got enough sight paint to last a lifetime.

In bright light.
IMG_20180509_223805802.jpg

In low light
IMG_20180509_224021432.jpg

Sure it's not as good as a lazer but as long as a adversary isn't wearing a orange neon shirt I should be ok.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Drawing technique that I was taught during consealed carry class. This is almost exactly the same besides making a fist with your left hand over your heart to deflect or slow down incoming bullets. And also in that position you can use your elbow to elbow someone in the face if being rushed. I need to pratice this technique - old habits die hard!

I was also taught how to shoot around a tree while using the tree as cover and how to use a car and mail box as effective cover. Being the only student and 16 hours of training. I got introduced to some more intermediate techniques. Which was a big bonus :) dispite 4 hours of laws it was much more than I expected a Illinios consealed carry class would have been... It was definitely worth $150.00 plus $10.00 for range fee. I shot all 250 rounds also.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Finally... I have a Illionis consealed carry license. I told my wife it was the only time I can remember looking forward to receiving mail from the Illionis State Police :)

Of course I hid my personal identifiable information in the following pictures. What a long... and expensive... endevor this was!

My wife's Rottweiler had to sniff the envelope to make sure it was ok for me to open.
IMG_20180924_152836866_HDR.jpg

After approval from Baby Bear I busted the envelope open to find my licence and yep you guessed it more laws and links to yet more laws... Like 4 hours of nothing but required Illionis laws wasn't enough during the required 16 hours of consealed carry class.
IMG_20180924_155254.jpg

IMG_20180924_155032.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well it's getting easier consealed carrying in public. I just have to dress like a slob with my shirt untucked to cover my pistol strapped to my side.

I went to the post office yesterday and I recalled something from consealed carry class about consealed carry is prohibited on federal property/buildings. So I locked my pistol up in my truck safe and locked my truck, then went into the post office. I asked the post master if it is legal to consealed carry at the post office. She responded absolutely not it's against the law. So I made the right decision to leave my pistol locked up in my locked truck.

What is so odd about this whole process is they make you wait for 4 months before they issue the license. By then, you vaguely remember what the laws are taught to your duing the required 4 hours of laws in the consealed carry class. I had to go back and re-read/study the laws to familiarize myself with them again.

I went into town again this evening to pickup milk and a few items from the grocery store for my wife. No strange feeling came over me walking around the grocery store carrying my pistol consealed.
Hopefully I don't get that strange feeling anymore. I've successfully combatted the strange feeling by realizing it's my constructional right to bear arms and not be infringed, I just never exercised my right before.

Statistically speaking... I reaseached and approximately 2% of the residents of Illionis have been issued a consealed carry license as of 2018. So not many have been through the process and expense.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You will grow more comfortable with it. Nobody knows that you have it, and you aren't going to tell anybody.

Yep thanks it's going well, I just have to remember to pull my tee shirt over it when I get out of the truck like a slob. I forgot all about it Saturday and walked into the hardware store totally unconsealed. Luckly the manager said something to me right when I walked in the door "your pistol is showing" I'm sorry about that sir, I pulled my tee-shirt down over it and said is that better? "Yep", ok thanks and that was it. But I've been in the hardware store alot so they all know me well.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband used to open carry, doesn't anymore. I never have. If someone wanted to take the gun off my hip while I'm worrying about my 2 kids, I would never be able to stop them. But concealed , no one would ever know it's there.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You're not required to keep it concealed are you? I mean, here in VA, if any part of the weapon is hidden it's considered concealed - so it's best to have the license. That way you can wear it on your belt and not worry if you put on a jacket.

That would be considered open carry here in Illionis, which is prohibited. That being said, I do carry in a side holster just with my shirt or coat pulled over it, so it's consealed.

As part of my drawing technique the first step is to grab my shirt or coat with my left hand and lift it up in a fist to cover my heart. My CC instructor said it's very important to cover your heart with a fist to slow down or deflect any incoming bullets. I hope I never ever have to draw my pistol on a person but I need to be prepared and practice, if that sistuation ever does occur.
Screenshot_2019-01-02-09-54-11.png

Last edited:

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
When are they going to require that you turn your head and cough for a prostrate exam, your first born child, bank account information, and your passcode to your phone?