Carry

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Congratulations! It has been quite the endeavor to finally hold it in your hand! Happy for you!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Congratulations! It has been quite the endeavor to finally hold it in your hand! Happy for you!

Thanks Bay, i'm glad the wait is finally over :) My wife wanted a sandwich, so I went into town. Driving was ok but it was a strange feeling walking into the returant and standing in line with a loaded .357 mag holstered to my side under my tee-shirt. I was really self conscious of it, but after I paid and started to walk out the strange feeling went away and I was a lot more comfortable with it. I've just never worn a loaded pistol on my side out in public before. It's going to take some getting used to.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well it's getting easier consealed carrying in public. I just have to dress like a slob with my shirt untucked to cover my pistol strapped to my side.

I went to the post office yesterday and I recalled something from consealed carry class about consealed carry is prohibited on federal property/buildings. So I locked my pistol up in my truck safe and locked my truck, then went into the post office. I asked the post master if it is legal to consealed carry at the post office. She responded absolutely not it's against the law. So I made the right decision to leave my pistol locked up in my locked truck.

What is so odd about this whole process is they make you wait for 4 months before they issue the license. By then, you vaguely remember what the laws are taught to your duing the required 4 hours of laws in the consealed carry class. I had to go back and re-read/study the laws to familiarize myself with them again.

I went into town again this evening to pickup milk and a few items from the grocery store for my wife. No strange feeling came over me walking around the grocery store carrying my pistol consealed.
Hopefully I don't get that strange feeling anymore. I've successfully combatted the strange feeling by realizing it's my constructional right to bear arms and not be infringed, I just never exercised my right before.

Statistically speaking... I reaseached and approximately 2% of the residents of Illionis have been issued a consealed carry license as of 2018. So not many have been through the process and expense.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You will grow more comfortable with it. Nobody knows that you have it, and you aren't going to tell anybody.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Why did my wife leave this on the table folded nice and neat on this page? Sometime (wife by osmosis) told me this a good price and i need hand cannon that also shoots .410 shotgun shells. And just in time for fall too... Is this what happens when you been married for 33,000 years?

IMG_20181002_224030.jpg

Looks like a should holster is in my near future. No other way to consealed this beast but by shoulder holster, under a winter coat.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You will grow more comfortable with it. Nobody knows that you have it, and you aren't going to tell anybody.

Yep thanks it's going well, I just have to remember to pull my tee shirt over it when I get out of the truck like a slob. I forgot all about it Saturday and walked into the hardware store totally unconsealed. Luckly the manager said something to me right when I walked in the door "your pistol is showing" I'm sorry about that sir, I pulled my tee-shirt down over it and said is that better? "Yep", ok thanks and that was it. But I've been in the hardware store alot so they all know me well.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes that is what happens when you've been married forever. Also you men are predictable creatures and we know what lights y'all up like a Christmas tree. LOL LOL

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well here we are... It 2019 and yep new gun laws from the state (Illionis) with no common sense.

Get a look at this...

Screenshot_2018-12-31-23-14-41.png

Screenshot_2018-12-31-23-18-17.png

I was talking with my wife about the new laws. She said "you already know I have to pee alot when we travel" and boy does she ever... Then she said "what are you supposed to do stop on the highway, ditch your pistol in the weeds, pull into the rest area, let me go pee then get back on the highway, turn around find your pistol you ditched in the weeds and then we can get going?" I laughed and said well that's one way of abiding by the law hu?

Who makes these crazy laws? It's obvious it's someone who does travel with a wife that has to pee alot.

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Classes and permit no longer required for CC here in Maine. Back ground check when buying a weapon, otherwise, one is good to go. A lot of folks "dress like slobs" here in Maine. Hubby and I took the course back when it was required. I would love to take a hunter safety course, but the thing that holds me back is the "crazies" that run around in the woods during hunting season.

canesisters

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well it's getting easier consealed carrying in public. I just have to dress like a slob with my shirt untucked to cover my pistol strapped to my side..

You're not required to keep it concealed are you? I mean, here in VA, if any part of the weapon is hidden it's considered concealed - so it's best to have the license. That way you can wear it on your belt and not worry if you put on a jacket.