Carry

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I believe he said he is required to keep it concealed .

No permit required in NH either, but I have one. Some law enforcement officials don't totally recognize that we don't need permits anymore... better to have one .

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband used to open carry, doesn't anymore. I never have. If someone wanted to take the gun off my hip while I'm worrying about my 2 kids, I would never be able to stop them. But concealed , no one would ever know it's there.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You're not required to keep it concealed are you? I mean, here in VA, if any part of the weapon is hidden it's considered concealed - so it's best to have the license. That way you can wear it on your belt and not worry if you put on a jacket.

That would be considered open carry here in Illionis, which is prohibited. That being said, I do carry in a side holster just with my shirt or coat pulled over it, so it's consealed.

As part of my drawing technique the first step is to grab my shirt or coat with my left hand and lift it up in a fist to cover my heart. My CC instructor said it's very important to cover your heart with a fist to slow down or deflect any incoming bullets. I hope I never ever have to draw my pistol on a person but I need to be prepared and practice, if that sistuation ever does occur.
Screenshot_2019-01-02-09-54-11.png

Last edited:

canesisters

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ahhh. We have open carry pretty much everywhere here.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score