Carry

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Crazy how expensive and how long it takes to get an Illionis consealed carry license. It's like getting a Wonka golden ticket -:lol

68 days and still waiting... 52 more days to go :(
IMG_20180728_112525.jpg

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just checked - it's been 89 days since I applied for consealed carry license. I'm still waiting to receive it. Crazy how long it takes ain't it?

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
well somethings about to happen... i seen this new message on the ISP web site. under my application status so maybe i'm getting closer now?

About the Application Process
Upon receipt of a qualified application, Illinois State Police (ISP) will issue or deny the applicant within 90 or 120 days depending on the submission of fingerprints. During the review process, ISP will send notifications on key status changes to the supplied email, and send correspondence via U.S. mail to the applicant’s home address. Law enforcement personnel throughout the state of Illinois have a 30-day period to object to submitted applications. In doing so, a board dedicated to reviewing objections will make a final decision to affirm or not the totality of objections submitted. Once the period for review has elapsed, ISP will prepare, print and send the Concealed Carry License to the license holder’s mailing address.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just checked again... it's been 108 days and still no license. But according the the ISP website, I will be issued or denied a license on day 120. That means I have 12 more days to wait for an answer. I should know something Monday September 17th.

Man what a L O N G... PROCESS in terms of both time and money!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So when you renew will you have to retake the class and all? Or just pay for a renewal? That is amazing, they really don't want people to carry there. Glad to hear you've been legally awarded your constitutional rights ...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So when you renew will you have to retake the class and all? Or just pay for a renewal? That is amazing, they really don't want people to carry there. Glad to hear you've been legally awarded your constitutional rights ...

If I recall correctly there's a required 8 hours class and recertification of the siloette target and of course you have to pay again. Obtaining CCL in Illionis is one of the more difficult states from what I was told.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Finally... I have a Illionis consealed carry license. I told my wife it was the only time I can remember looking forward to receiving mail from the Illionis State Police :)

Of course I hid my personal identifiable information in the following pictures. What a long... and expensive... endevor this was!

My wife's Rottweiler had to sniff the envelope to make sure it was ok for me to open.
IMG_20180924_152836866_HDR.jpg

After approval from Baby Bear I busted the envelope open to find my licence and yep you guessed it more laws and links to yet more laws... Like 4 hours of nothing but required Illionis laws wasn't enough during the required 16 hours of consealed carry class.
IMG_20180924_155254.jpg

IMG_20180924_155032.jpg