Cecilia's Journal

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
whole fruits are not the same as juices. but you'd have to say what kind of fruits and how much for any of us to have any real idea of how much fiber might be in there.
Hmm. I mostly eat apples and LOTS of mangos. And lots of orange juice. And freeze dried strawberries.

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Oh gosh I hate how salty liquid IV is. Is that just me? But maybe the orange is good!
You need the salt. Gatorade is a poor choice for electrolytes. Liquid IV is much better. Basically, the more effective an electrolyte drink is, the more vile it tastes. :gig. Propel plus 1/2 teaspoon of salt is one of the better drinks.
If you drink milk and can tolerate the extra calories, milk is an excellent electrolyte drink.

Broth is another way to tolerate a salty drink. 1 teaspoon salt per quart of unsalted bone broth is about right. Add a pinch of sugar for an insulin boost so you can retain that sodium for a bit. If you just need quick and easy, a packet of ramen flavor in 2 cups of water will do it.

You don't need to get your electrolytes in a drink. You can get them from your food instead. If you can't do salty drinks, have salty snacks. Not into salty snacks? Try baked items that include baking soda, they have a surprising amount of sodium in them.

Leafy greens will get your potassium, magnesium, and fiber (and folate!).

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Hmm. I mostly eat apples and LOTS of mangos. And lots of orange juice. And freeze dried strawberries.
you can upgrade your fiber intake by swapping fresh oranges for orange juice. 1 fresh orange has more than 4x more fiber than 1 cup of orange juice.

Apples and strawberries are about equivalent for fiber content, mangoes have less fiber. This was a surprise to me! I expected the opposite!

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
you can upgrade your fiber intake by swapping fresh oranges for orange juice. 1 fresh orange has more than 4x more fiber than 1 cup of orange juice.

Apples and strawberries are about equivalent for fiber content, mangoes have less fiber. This was a surprise to me! I expected the opposite!
That is surprising! I was also expecting the opposite.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

Latest posts