Cecilia's Journal

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You keep yelling at her and she's going to lock you in your room and throw food in there. :lol:

slip it through the mail slot? :)

don't worry too much about premies. the docs have much better knowledge and technology these days than when i was born. i was premie 2lbs 6oz at birth and got below 2lbs at some point. Mom actually thought i was dead and i came out black, my Dad even yelled at her thinking she'd slept with a black man. no kidding. :( as it turned out it was just oxygen deprivation. my lungs did not work well and still don't but i hung on through bronchitis and pneumonia and then rallied enough to get out of prison. most of my odd reactions to stress, noise i can see fit precisely into PTSD pattern from how i was treated in those months. they kept my incubator by the nurses station and would kick it as they walked by to startle me and to make sure i was still breathing. that all happened then but i also doubt i have much of a brain left. :) my teen years did not help... oops. dumb me. i should never have smoked but i also quit so it did not become a permanent habit. i also smoked weed. not a great thing but not as damaging, i don't smoke anything now and react badly to smokes of any kind so at least i keep away from it now as much as i can.

if there had not been incubators when i was hatched i doubt i'd have made it. i was stuck in one for months. granny said i looked like a chicken from the store (once i got pinked up enough). still nobody really thought i was going to make it. they didn't even have a name picked out for me.

i hope this is more encouraging than discouraging, :) i guess it's to say, i'm still here and i'm sure your babies are bigger than i was back then so hang in there and try not to stress out.

Last edited:

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@flowerbug it is encouraging in a way. I am 27 weeks tomorrow and I just have this feeling that if we make it to 30 we are out of the woods. Which certainly isn’t true, but I don’t know how much bigger I can get! I mean I can’t really stand up by myself anymore. So that’s always fun 🙃

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@flowerbug it is encouraging in a way. I am 27 weeks tomorrow and I just have this feeling that if we make it to 30 we are out of the woods. Which certainly isn’t true, but I don’t know how much bigger I can get! I mean I can’t really stand up by myself anymore. So that’s always fun 🙃

i guess i'd call that Weeblish (as in Weebles Wobble but they don't fall down - which was an advertisement for some children's toys that did wobble and not fall over)... :) sincerely i don't know how y'all manage it because the idea kinda drives me bonkers. haha! :)

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Be manage lol. It’s starting to get really hard to do some things like yard work but I still have mom and dad here to help out!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was thinking about you today. I fed the sheep, I have 4 heavy pregnant ewes. Two look like they are about to explode, their bellies are hanging down. They look like they swallowed a 55 gallon barrel. Their udders are about to bust. I don't know how much longer they can keep those lambs on the inside! I stood there looking at them and it reminded me of you! :lol::lol::lol:

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was thinking about you today. I fed the sheep, I have 4 heavy pregnant ewes. Two look like they are about to explode, their bellies are hanging down. They look like they swallowed a 55 gallon barrel. Their udders are about to bust. I don't know how much longer they can keep those lambs on the inside! I stood there looking at them and it reminded me of you! :lol::lol::lol:
I relate to those ewes. An I have so much longer to go!

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Doctor told me these 2 are the biggest twins he's ever seen! 36cm and 38cm! Good growth for these two, but it could mean early labor. :( No cramping and I'm not dilated, but I could soon. Finished the nursery with everyone's wonderful baby shower gifts! it looks magical. We went with a "ducks on a pond" theme. Lots of Jemima Puddle-Duck artwork (I bought a few older Jemima Puddle-Duck books from the half price book store and stuck some pages in a frame) and of course some for the bookshelf.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Lovely! At least it's only two... This poor woman had 5 in there. She was first told 2, then 4, and it ended up being 5. She was too big for the ultrasound to be accurate, apparently. This was in 2013.
1639624820405.png

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Lovely! At least it's only two... This poor woman had 5 in there. She was first told 2, then 4, and it ended up being 5. She was too big for the ultrasound to be accurate, apparently. This was in 2013.
View attachment 17485
not to minimize your experience. My only solace while pregnant was knowing it could be worse.