Cecilia's Journal

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a daughter! I will leave it to Cece to tell the whole story, it's not mine to tell, but baby Valentine is here!

-Gianna
It's so wonderful! I wish I had been more aware during the birth.
Very soon after she delivered the placentas she started hemorrhaging. She’s passed out from the loss of blood. They quickly took her away to do God knows what. They won’t let me follow her. This who pregnancy has been a nightmare. I can’t lose her. She’s the only family I have left.

-Gianna.
WOW! She's dramatic. Oye vey. Making it seem like I'm dying. They took me to an OR just in case, administered some meds, and I stopped bleeding. Someone shoved their hand up my hoo-ha and pulled out my other placenta.

"This whole pregnancy has been a nightmare." REALLY? Girl. calm down.

Also I passed out for like 3 minutes. I'm fine y'all. Good grief.

"She’s the only family I have left." What about the 2 children i just spent 5 ****ing days laboring for you? Huh?

I'm sorry for my dramatic ass wife. Good lord. I'M NOT DYING. I'M FINE.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's the plan. Right now I'm shaking head to toe, I'm freezing! but as soon I get that sorted out they will be all mine.
I remember that! The shaking! Crazy how our body fights to protect us.

So happy for you! Glad to hear that you are ok. AND it is ok to have a "dramatic" wife as you call it--she was just showing us how much she loves you-beyond those cute little babies you just had.

Enjoy the journey in your life--the rollercoaster has just begun!

Hugs and prayers.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So happy for you! Glad to hear that you are ok. AND it is ok to have a "dramatic" wife as you call it--she was just showing us how much she loves you-beyond those cute little babies you just had.
It was a very in-character moment for her to panic. When you don’t have access to your anxiety medication for 4 days because your wife is in labor you can go a little crazy. I love her though. I did make her go home though. I’ve slept more than she has.

I can’t believe I did this. Incredible how my body just did it.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
To my beautiful twins:

I have maybe an hour to write this before hormones kick in and I can only remember pieces of it.

A complete birth story:

Cramping started on Sunday. It was light and infrequent. I was just concerned, so I went in.

By Sunday afternoon I was on an iv fluid electrolyte and Terbutaline for the night. 3 centimeters dilated.

Cramps stopped for all of Sunday night. I thought we were out of the woods.

Monday I had a strong feeling I needed to push, but very little contractions and I was feeling better. All I could think about was pushing though.

Tuesday took a turn for the worst. Here is what I wrote; (Today is December 21st. I’m currently in the hospital for some cramping that I had on the 19th. It is 5:45 AM and I woke up in searing pain. It feels like contractions that are trying to kill me. They are administering a good amount of steroids into my IV in an attempt to help the babies lungs grow.)

By 10:09 Tuesday i could feel someone's head sitting on my pelvis. Not quite in my canal or near my cervix, but definitely sitting on the pelvis. It did not feel good.

By 3:15 my OB said it was hormones (the urge to push) and to just “ignore” it. The meds weren’t working. I could feel a baby pressed against my cervix. I think if the meds we’re working that wouldn’t happen. 6 cm.

My water broke at 3:45.

They had given me antibiotics to prevent infection. They still wanted the pregnancy to continue.

6:15 still nothing. Just the worst contractions of my life.

7:30 Baby boy was causing a LOT of pressure. It was not super painful just extremely uncomfortable.

7:45 has been just a lot of rocking back and forth. There is a lot of pain. I tried my very best to sleep. With little success.

I labored in the darkness of night for another 6 hours (1:45)

At about 11 pm, all of a sudden there was lots of vomiting. Fierce for about 5 minutes.

At 6:00 all the sudden baby boy wasn’t comfortable outside my cervix anymore. I NEEDED to push this baby out.

I got on the bed in a squat position while Gianna furiously ran around looking for a doctor. I really sent her into a tizzy!

6:17 at 3 pounds 8 ounces Francisco was born. Life was wonderful. Nothing else mattered for about 2 hours. Just me and him. My little Francisco. He was rushed into his little incubator and got oxygen attached and hosed up.

8:15 Then the pain came flooding back. I got on all fours and pressed my head into the pillow. 27 pushes and many minutes later we had a little baby girl. Valentine. 3 pounds 12 ounces. Her cord was also cut and she was rushed away for the same treatment as her brother.

I don’t remember much after that for about an hour. I do remember thinking “Dana will be so proud.” 🤣(and I hope you are @baymule )

Placentas were delivered at some point. That was more painful than the birth. Let me tell ya. prayers were said. Lots of thanks to the lord today. I started hemorrhaging soon after the placenta was delivered. I passed out from the blood loss I’m not sure what happened after. I know there was an IV drip and apple juice.

I am currently wearing a frozen diaper 🤣.

Next hurtle; breastfeeding. I’d been leaking for hours so milk wasn’t the problem. Pumping is hard you guys! Felt good to get some of the pressure off.

Oof I wrote a book. Anyway, YAY! My babies are here. I need a nap, I just had to get this written down first. It’s 12:25ish here. I should probably pump again. Thank you all for reading. I love them more than life itself. I’m going to go back to sleep now. Y’all have a good day. ❤️