Cecilia's Journal

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I went to TSC for 45 minutes. 45 MINUTES. And guess how many people tried to touch my stomach and/or started spontaneously asking me pregnancy questions? 12. TWELVE PEOPLE. This is ridiculous. This is why I bring my wife. And! It gets better, 5 men offered to bring things to my car. Why can't anyone leave me alone?! Good lord I'm human too.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had a shirt that said “touch the belly, lose the hand!” But honestly no one ever tried. 12 people?? I forget where you live but maybe it’s a regional thing… New Englanders aren’t known for being friendly 🤣 (also no one ever asked if I wanted help when I was pregnant, thankfully!)

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had a shirt that said “touch the belly, lose the hand!” But honestly no one ever tried. 12 people?? I forget where you live but maybe it’s a regional thing… New Englanders aren’t known for being friendly 🤣 (also no one ever asked if I wanted help when I was pregnant, thankfully!)
I live in Iowa. People are know for being too nice. “Iowa nice”? Yeah we fit the bill. I completely understand where they are coming from asking if I need help. I look 8mo. pregnant but only because there are two of them. I promise I’m only 6 months. I was probably freaking people out. 🤣🤣

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I live in Iowa. People are know for being too nice. “Iowa nice”? Yeah we fit the bill. I completely understand where they are coming from asking if I need help. I look 8mo. pregnant but only because there are two of them. I promise I’m only 6 months. I was probably freaking people out. 🤣🤣
Same way up here is WI, so many people offered to help or just chat about being pregnant.

I never understood how anyone would think it is ok to ask, or not ask in most cases, to touch a pregnant belly.

Glad to hear you are doing well!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Same way up here is WI, so many people offered to help or just chat about being pregnant.

I never understood how anyone would think it is ok to ask, or not ask in most cases, to touch a pregnant belly.

Glad to hear you are doing well!
I was so annoying! I think I managed to only have one unwelcome touch during 1st pregnancy. DH was shocked at how pregnant women are treated during 2nd pregnancy.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was so annoying! I think I managed to only have one unwelcome touch during 1st pregnancy. DH was shocked at how pregnant women are treated during 2nd pregnancy.
It’s making me miserable. Every time they are touched they move. And then they move some more. And I am in pain.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

yes, that's it, everyone is wanting to make sure you don't have the babies right there right then! j/k... :)

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Haha for sure! Water could have broken then and there! 🤣 look at me

Attachments

• F24CB56A-E333-41EE-99B2-4C974BE1F7CE.jpeg
    F24CB56A-E333-41EE-99B2-4C974BE1F7CE.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 86