Cecilia's Journal

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I’m on a mixture of an iv fluid electrolyte and Terbutaline for the night. 3 centimeters dialated but they hope they can stop it and send me on my way home tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed! Keep us posted IF you can, babies and family first of course

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Oh good! Thank god that didn't put you on IV mag. It's so much worse (and not more effective).

I've seen so many examples of women who dilated 2 - 4 cm early and had babies full-term that I'm thinking it's within the normal range. I was dilated to 3 cm in 2nd trimester with both of mine and they were both full-term.

Ask if you're allowed to do any bed exercise. I got so weak that I couldn't sit down. Just aim and fall and hope to land on the chair (or toilet!). It was bad. I could have done more. OB said partial bedrest, don't do anything that causes contractions. Even after the first one, I didn't realize how fast bedrest deteriorates the body. After the first one, I was in such terrible cardio condition that I could only walk about 15 feet before I had to sit down and rest. During the worst of my second one I was too weak to hold my 4# cat, I was panicked about not being able to hold and care for baby so I started ignoring doctor's orders (and did not have increase in contractions or another episode of preterm labor).

How far are you from the nearest NICU?

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh good! Thank god that didn't put you on IV mag. It's so much worse (and not more effective)
So I've heard...
Ask if you're allowed to do any bed exercise.
No exercise right now as I still have a pretty strong urge to push. Trying my best to suppress the urge. I know if I were to stand I would drop into a squat lol.
During the worst of my second one I was too weak to hold my 4# cat, I was panicked about not being able to hold and care for baby so I started ignoring doctor's orders (and did not have increase in contractions or another episode of preterm labor).
Oh no. That's a nightmare.
How far are you from the nearest NICU?
I'm currently in the nearest NICU. Best one in the state.