Cecilia's Journal

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
it's one of the vitamin K's. It's necessary (along with D3) for healthy bones. It keeps calcium in your bones instead of accumulating in blood vessels.
I take D3, guess I need to add K2. Know of any magical element that puts cartilage back in knees? I’ve tried lots of stuff, but left knee is bone on bone. Right knee is almost there. Headed for knee replacement in summer. I hate limping around.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I take D3, guess I need to add K2. Know of any magical element that puts cartilage back in knees? I’ve tried lots of stuff, but left knee is bone on bone. Right knee is almost there. Headed for knee replacement in summer. I hate limping around.
There is! (Kinda) modere has a liquid collagen supplement that really helped my mom with her arthritis.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I take D3, guess I need to add K2.

that and magnesium seem to be the most common ones also recommended if you aren't getting enough via diet or sunlight exposure. just remember if you are getting enough sun to back off on D3.

Know of any magical element that puts cartilage back in knees? I’ve tried lots of stuff, but left knee is bone on bone. Right knee is almost there. Headed for knee replacement in summer. I hate limping around.

i always wondered why they couldn't just take a caulk gun and squirt some gunk in there and let it harden up and then cut it with a knife so it can move. perhaps in the cup shape needed, but otherwise leave everything else alone.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I did everything there was before the knee replacements. "Synvisc" injections that are like the collagen injections... did prolothereapy to stimulate regrowth, then did PRP... platelet rich plasma.... to improve on regrowth and then stem cell.... this over a 5 year time period and none of the prolo and prp and stem cell are covered by any insurance... even though they are the treatments of choice in most European clinics... if I had started sooner might have been able to save some joints. First had the ankle replaced in Feb 2020.. both knees in late Oct 2021. Because of the movement of the ligaments and tendons, there is no way to "caulk it and then carve out the joint".... The place that I went to do the prp and stem cell spent time with me showing the interaction of the ligaments and tendons and the ham string up the back of your leg....It is not like the joint is just there... there is too much attached and working along the joints.... and the knee joint is actually 3 parts... not like the ball and socket like the hip. The synvisc type injections are the whole idea behind "greasing the joint".... putting fluid back into the joint for the ease of movement...

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Guess who’s been relived of motherly duties for a whole hour?! This lady!! Whoop whoop!!

Gianna mixed up a couple of bottles and said I should go take a hot bath while she does some work stuff. (Was she telling me I smell? Maybe.)

I finally get to sit back and relax. She found a sub by the way! Very nice gal, she’s also subbing for the animal and plant science class so she will have her hands full! But she’s excited about it. And it’s only 2 classes of kiddos.

My sleep schedule is finally starting to sort of level out. Getting a good 3 hours every night now. And those antibiotics are working miracles. I feel like I’m not top of the world! Nose is still stuffy but it always is.

DS has an appointment for a hearing check on Monday. I’m not expecting him to pass, but it would be a nice surprise if he did! My father has been deaf from birth and he has cochlear implants. It wouldn’t be a huge deal if he was deaf, just maybe more Expensive 🤣🤣

My carrhartt blankets arrived for the twins, yes I know the are for dogs, don’t judge. (I see you judging.) :old

All in all I’m good. Happy. Whooooo!

Last edited:

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh and I have a dog show tomorrow that I booked 5 months ago and it was 200$ to enter. I thought nothing of it, I wasn’t supposed to have babies (or twins for that matter) at this point so I thought I’d be fine! 😭😭

Guess I better call around to see who wants to take my spot. ☹️😢

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I would be very hesitant to take them out while still so small and it being so cold there. God will forgive you for not showing up in church.... and with them being premie I would not be taking them anywhere yet to expose them directly to possible germs... it is enough that they could be exposed second hand from you guys there at home.