Cecilia's Journal

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This is a very niche audience that I may never find but, do you ever go through a dogs pedigree and cry a little?

I’m looking at a show prospect bitch right now, call me crazy, I already know. She has so many dogs in her pedigree that I handled or cared for and knew. I loved them all deeply. They weren’t even mine and I miss them so much. It’s so sad and wonderful to look at the results of years and years all speed out on a price of paper. God works in mysterious ways that’s for sure.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've never cried over a pedigree but I can certainly understand it. You are looking at the lives of old friends, a sad nostalgic look-back on good times.
Certainly nostalgic. The fact that this dog is the closest I will ever get to them again, they aren't coming back, breaks my heart.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It might seem funny, but there is alot of DNA testing in purebred show cattle. Especially when people do embryo transplants and such... DNA is required of the calves in order to register them.... just saying....

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
This is a very niche audience that I may never find but, do you ever go through a dogs pedigree and cry a little?

I’m looking at a show prospect bitch right now, call me crazy, I already know. She has so many dogs in her pedigree that I handled or cared for and knew. I loved them all deeply. They weren’t even mine and I miss them so much. It’s so sad and wonderful to look at the results of years and years all speed out on a price of paper. God works in mysterious ways that’s for sure.
Sounds like she is meant to be yours :love

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It might seem funny, but there is alot of DNA testing in purebred show cattle. Especially when people do embryo transplants and such... DNA is required of the calves in order to register them.... just saying....
Ohhh yeah. This could be really bad 😂