CheerioLounge - Desert Dreamin'

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I must really stink at the swag bucks thing - 4 months now, and all I've accumulated so far is 390 bucks :p

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
SSDreamin said:
I must really stink at the swag bucks thing - 4 months now, and all I've accumulated so far is 390 bucks :p
You're doing alot better than I am... I have only earned $20 in Amazon gift cards in about the same amount of time. I try to do the surveys, but they don't seem to want 50 yr old white guys that have no money! :lol: I get disqualified on most of them!

WAit... 390 swagbucks or dollars? If it swagbucks, then I am doing pretty good! :lol:

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
CheerioLounge said:
SSDreamin said:
You're doing alot better than I am... I have only earned $20 in Amazon gift cards in about the same amount of time. I try to do the surveys, but they don't seem to want 50 yr old white guys that have no money! :lol: I get disqualified on most of them!

WAit... 390 swagbucks or dollars? If it swagbucks, then I am doing pretty good! :lol:
Swagbucks, so you're doing great! The surveys don't want **yr old white gals with no money either :lol:

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
CheerioLounge said:
Dawn's excitement over receiving her Foxfire books got me curious and I found a site where you can download volumes 1-3 for FREE! They appear to be photocopies but they are readable. http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/foxfire-books-free-downloads/
I have one of those books, and they frustrated me, so I didn't get any more. I enjoyed reading about the different things, but I am clueless, I need a how-to manual, not a book full of interesting stuff with no instructions on how any of it is done :/

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
SSDreamin said:
CheerioLounge said:
Dawn's excitement over receiving her Foxfire books got me curious and I found a site where you can download volumes 1-3 for FREE! They appear to be photocopies but they are readable. http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/foxfire-books-free-downloads/
I have one of those books, and they frustrated me, so I didn't get any more. I enjoyed reading about the different things, but I am clueless, I need a how-to manual, not a book full of interesting stuff with no instructions on how any of it is done :/
I have not read any of them. I downloaded the 1st one last night and will be reading while I sit here.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
CheerioLounge said:
FYI - You must have a Facebook or Scribd account to download. I recommend the Scribd account. Lots of great reading material!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol guys on the swagbucks, i get turned down for most surveys too, im thinking its the universal lack of a huge expendable income that does it lol

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
This morning I cleaned out the chicken coops and run. Hitched a ride to town with the "Old Man" (He actually called first this time!) and picked up a few things to get us to payday. I've got dough rising for a dozen and a half sandwich rolls and now I have some time to relax for a bit. It's warm again today and there's no wind! :clap After the rolls are baked, I may just get out there and do some of the prep work for the chicken yard. I want to be like WBF and do as much as humanly possible in one day! :p

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's warm again today and there's no wind!
That's because you sent it to us! We've got gusts over 30mph and I'm gonna say closer to 45 because the poor camper is shaking on it's cinder blocks! Nothing getting done outside today since I've gotta sit on my arse to keep "home" from blowing away! :gig

Sticks nose back in book...