CheerioLounge - Desert Dreamin'

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I'm doing some now. Try the tasks, that's where I get a LOT of mine. The answering the questions task pays pretty good, and you don't have to have a fast connection for that. Plus, it's easy. I cashed in and got me a new pair of tennis shoes today. I've been doing without for about 3 months, and figured I better go ahead and get some while I had the cash saved back. I'll get what I was originally saving for when income tax gets here.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Do I remember reading a post mentioning Five Guys Burgers somewhere? :hu

I just found out that one will be opening on the base here in March! There seems to be a real buzz about it! Are they that good or is it just so boring out here that we get excited about the opening of an envelope? :p

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Gonna go eat soup and crackers and I guess I should probably spend a little time with J too.

Later gators!!

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
We finally got over to see the crazy ladys new place. From here on she will be referred to as L. Heres to hoping I dont have to revert to crazy lady!

She texted me yesterday to let me know that our pig (our Christmas gift) was getting fat and asking if we wanted some lettuce. I talked J into going over; he was still a little reticent about rekindling that relationship, but once we got there and started talking with her it appears that she is sincere and truly apologetic for the previous dust-up.

They have a really nice set up. Goats, pigs and lots of chickens. The greenhouse is huge! :ep I can't wait to get over there and get to work! She's excited about it, because she doesn't really have the time to work out there and all of her guys are busy over here at the ranch. If I understood her correctly, she'll buy ALL the materials; soil, seeds, etc. I'm not going to do a thing until we are both crystal clear on the arrangement. But, basically I work for all the produce J and I can use. They, of course, will get what they need for themselves and the ranch hands and the rest she wants to donate to the local food bank.

We'll see....

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I hope L is sincere! That would be a great arrangement!

Here is your cow clock photo.

3685_cow_clock.jpg

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
That clock looks familiar for some reason.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
CheerioLounge said:
Was off browsing my favorite antique site and spotted this butter churn! I want it!!!! I love stuff like this!
I want one of those!!! I have a city friend who has one 'for display' in her antique covered living room. I offered to trade her a few chickens for it, no go. :lol: