CheerioLounge - Desert Dreamin'

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
I have an extra large air-tight Tupperware bowl that I store it in. I set on the table upside down so that the bowl is the lid. I also use it the same way to keep cakes. So far I haven't had any bread go stale, but we tend to use it up before it has a chance to go stale.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
store it in a washed out store bread bag...works wonders to be wrapped in plastic :p

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
CheerioLounge said:
Wannabefree said:
store it in a washed out store bread bag...works wonders to be wrapped in plastic :p
To do that I would have to buy bread! :/
Or get one from the neighbors :p

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wonder if it is just our area - because I used to do that (bread bag) on the counter. Drying out in a day, mold by 4. I bought a lock-n-lock bread box, it extends the point where it begins to dry out to 2 days, start of mold to over a week. It must last at least one week, as I bake it on Sunday, then send it with DH to make sandwiches with all week out of town. He doesn't complain, but it bugs me. DS#2 and I live on HM bagels - they seem to last forever and freeze well if we're having a slow week. :hu

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
I never make more than two 9x5 loaves at a time. Without all the preservatives in store bought bread, I don't think 2/3 days is too bad. If it starts to dry out, I just pop it in the toaster for a bit and then make a sandwich. I like the little bit of caramelization from a light toasting.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Ended up getting up to 76 deg today. A steady breeze blowing "just enough." J and I both woke up with some kind of crud. He worse than I. He's been lounging on the couch all day and I've been bouncing from the computer to the bed and spent a couple hours sitting out on the patio in the sun. :cool: So warm and comforting... It makes me feel so much better. I love the sun.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
as airtight as possibe in the fridge for my bread...it takes me forever to use a small loaf so i HAVE to refridgerate it...