Chocolate Nutbutter Bars aka Healthy Butternut Squash Brownies ;)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
I guess I'm with Dace on these brownies . . . I mean if you are going to call them "brownies," the expectations have been raised. I think they should be called "chocolate, nutbutter bars" or something.

However . . . if you are not a purist about keeping them healthy, I found that a few chocolate chips added to the brownies helps you overlook the lack of true brownieness.
"Chocolate nutbutter bars" lol! I don't see that adding chocolate chips would hurt. ;)

Here's the thing, I can't be picky b/c I'm a big-tub-o. :D Drake, you go find the 'bad for you' brownies thread and quit hatin' on my 'just for the tubbies' brownies!

(And yes, I'm having a personal sugar free margarita, so I'm feeling feisty.) :lol:

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Drink on BBH!

On the topic of Nutella....have you seen the tv ads? They claim it is a nut spread with a hint of cocoa ( or chocolate, not sure)..... Really? It is a chocolate sugar spread! Yummy as a dessert...on pound cake with strawberries sure, but for kid's breakfast? Come on!

Ok, back to the healthy brownies.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Dace said:
Drink on BBH!

On the topic of Nutella....have you seen the tv ads? They claim it is a nut spread with a hint of cocoa ( or chocolate, not sure)..... Really? It is a chocolate sugar spread! Yummy as a dessert...on pound cake with strawberries sure, but for kid's breakfast? Come on!

Ok, back to the healthy brownies.
I know right?? I found a brand called "Justin's" that is way better than Nutella. Justin's is just cocoa, hazelnuts and evaporated cane sugar...still taste dy-no-mite though.

Hey Dace!! :frow

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Yeah . . . Nutella is like chocolate-hazelnut flavored pure sugar crack if you ask me. I think that was the first and last time I will ever buy it. :p Not to say it didn't taste good. :lol:

Hey, BBH. I like the idea of healthy brownies, but I'm afraid it is an oxymoron. I was hoping for a tasty, healthy snack, but since I need to add chocolate chips to make legitimate tasting brownies, I'm afraid I just have a healthier dessert on my hands. Which has it's place, mind you. :)

Sadly I am a chocolate eating maniac right now. That is why I have been making these brownies. I have been eating so much chocolate lately that I seriously feel like I am poisoning myself. :p But I keep going back for more. :th I did read that chocolate helps reduce stress, though. :lol:

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:thumbsup :clap I love it when people can add their own touches and share them with us.

And I think you can use any type of squash or even apple. :)