Cholesterol and all that mess!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
sylvie said:
2dream and reinbeau

Here's why:
peanuts, black tea, dairy, red meat are considered pro-inflammatory foods. Inflammation in the body presents itself in various conditions, including in the circulatory system. Organic grass fed beef ok.

Chocolate, black tea, coffee, cola contain methytl-xanthines which cause hormonal inbalance in many individuals. By avoiding these the liver is able to perform it's function in it's conjugation role and support the thyroid and adrenal glands.

If you have something every now and then as I sometimes do you will be fine.
I've heard all that, but also have heard of the benefits of black tea. I'm as much of a tea-o-phile as any experiences oenophile out there - there is nothing wrong with black tea, and I will go to my grave knowing it. Black tea is oxidized green tea, oolong is less oxidized. Oxidized means crushed dried under certain conditions, not adding anything to the tea.

Grass fed meats is, of course, exactly right, they use grain because it brings them to market weight younger, faster, but that's why they have to pump them full of antibiotics, the grain rots in their rumens, without the antibiotics they'd be dead of massive infection - and all of that inflammation in their muscles is transfered to us when we eat it.

Chocolate has been shown to contain many heart healthy qualities provided it's high cacao content.

We can take research from everywhere and go back and forth. I will continue to say everything in moderation. Eat a wide variety of high quality food. Don't eat a lot of any one thing. And quit worrying about it. As Michael Poulan says, eat food, not a lot, mostly plants. Don't eat anything with "Healthy!" on the label, and if it contains anything your grandmother wouldn't recognize as food, don't eat it. It's really as simple as that.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hear you HM
everyone being so individual of a body, who knows what will effect one and not effect another.

to me Tony's numbers are truly a wake up call for him to start eating better...simple as that really. He got called into work today at Commscope. Being Sunday they order in food. I told him no beef tips in gravy, french fries, poor boy/girl sandwiches, no fried foods, no nacho type garbage, etc. etc. etc....LOL---he said there would be nothing left to order..HA HA.......I said grilled chicken sandwich is the way to go at least it is the best choice when you have a list of garbage to choose from.

Usually I make him lunch but Sat. and Suns they always order in..........so time for him to start making better choices out in the world!

but yea, everything in moderation and eat the good stuff when we can. heck it can only be a plus to help the old body!!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
forth. I will continue to say everything in moderation. Eat a wide variety of high quality food. Don't eat a lot of any

****this is it reinbeau
pick good choices
eat in moderation
exercise
tons of water
smile and laugh alot thru life

these aren't many people who can GIVE up whole categories of foods and way food is cooked. There is no way I am going thru life without ever eating certain things. Just not realistic. Yes, some can do it, many can't...so next best option is do as well as you can for your body! :)

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Do whatever you want!
I was only relating my experience with a ND. Sheesh!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sylvie
I hope you didn't think we weren't commenting against your way. you mentioned it and yes it has wonderful benefits big time.

just that for some we can't go into an "all or nothing" mode in life--whether it be food for life or any other issues out there.... So we chatted about other ways to do the best we can and hopefully get great benefits for the old body.

just fun to bounce everything we do across the forum. Every post, whether we agree, disagree, whatever, can hold great info in just one sentence and we are then better for reading it!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
We all read, we all study, we all check the research and come to our own conclusions. I'm never happy with all or nothing rules with how to 'fix' things. Statistics and research are put through filters all the time to get the desired outcome. I've read up about inflammation, and there's another set of research that shows that any form of wheat whatsoever is bad for us, it exacerbating inflammation - interesting, as bread in many forms has been the staff of life since time began. I just don't buy it. I don't mean to argue, but I take the input from many sources and draw my own conclusions. We need to do whatever makes sense and works well for ourselves.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
To not eat what your grandparents wouldn't recognize means you have to read the labels.

Many of the so called light foods have more ingredients than the regular. Just take a look at mayonnaise and sour cream. If you eat yogurt then get the plain nothing added stuff. The flavored yogurts are full of additives and the evil high fructose corn syrup.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
To not eat what your grandparents wouldn't recognize means you have to read the labels.

Many of the so called light foods have more ingredients than the regular. Just take a look at mayonnaise and sour cream. If you eat yogurt then get the plain nothing added stuff. The flavored yogurts are full of additives and the evil high fructose corn syrup.
Dannon naturals are really good without all the garbage additives in it too. Plus they have fruit in them too. No high fructose corn syrup either.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
heck my grandma didn't have grocery stores on every corner, or did they have to "invent" diet food cause people overeat to the max in this day and age and must spend billions to lose weight.

insane cycle this world. seriously. what we do to ourselves is just insanity.

saw a big show on corn producers

yup, all about the nitrogen sprayed on corn to give it that super fast boost to grow.....all the while it contaminates all the surrounding rivers....killing wildlife and poisoning the earth.......well, hmm...what ya gonna do. feed people, do everything we can to make more food cause we need it, or stop wtih super productions and all and let people starve?

I don't know..just rambling cause I can.....just seeing that corn show made me wonder. If everyone would just produce something, anything, in their friggin' backyard without take, take, take, take constantly.....then it would be a little easier on the earth. So simple yet so hard for many. And healthy. But who has time to worry about those things right????

go ramble..HA HA HA

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Honestly I feel that if we did slow down the super productions of foods then there would not be as much over eating in this country as we have now. Because the supply would not be as big so we would not buy as much & therefore not eat as much. And then more people would be forced to grow some for themselves too so the demand gets even smaller.