Christmas Spending

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Way to go Zilla, now you ticked them off on the Very Merry Love Your Teacher thread. LOL.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
And what I'd love over all else?
A month or 2 of training for Mylie :)
Come on now lupinfarm ... do it yourself and save! What does she need to learn that you can't teach?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Way to go Zilla, now you ticked them off on the Very Merry Love Your Teacher thread. LOL.
I suppose I should go over there and see what damage I did, huh?

LOLOL

Ok...I replied. I imagine the thread will be locked soon...LOL

The original post that set me off...
"Folks, it's not too early to start planning a special gift for the deserving teachers in your lives. I'd like to hear from the teachers we have here about the things they appreciate the most -- and the least -- as gifts from their students. I can't imagine any teacher needing yet another "World's Best Teacher" coffee mug or Christmas ornament. What's really dismal is seeing all that schlock at the thrift stores, seeing folks buying it up to give to their children's teachers, who donate it back to the thrift store to begin the cycle all over again. Also, if you have a gift you've given or plan to give that's sure to be appreciated, please share the idea here too."
http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=261861

So is it me or is that just silly??

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
lupinfarm said:
And what I'd love over all else?
A month or 2 of training for Mylie :)
Come on now lupinfarm ... do it yourself and save! What does she need to learn that you can't teach?
Lmfao, I suggested it but my coach said and I quote "Its good to hear you're getting the trainer to restart her not steph" and I'm like... "YOU THINK THAT LITTLE OF MY CAPABILITIES?!"

Then again, she didn't think I could jump after I lost all confidence and wouldn't jump for her, now I can jump.

I'm going to lunge her and see if I can get a saddle on her by myself. I'm just not that into getting bucked off LOL. She has had some training but hasn't been ridden since about March!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Well start a new thread and we all will help you. You know there are LOTS of us horsey types on here!

I personally used to train professionally for many years as well as give lessons etc. I have taught lots of people to do it themselves. With all of us helping we can get the job done without you eating any dirt!

I started training by training my own. I could spend more time and make sure every lesson was solid before moving on. I figured if I messed them up - then I could call a trainer. Never had to make that call AND often beat pro trained horses when I took mine out to the shows. They had so much more trust in me they would do anything I asked!

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Okiemommy said:
If they have Apple Ipods, nano's, shuffles get them ITUNES GIFT CARDS they start at 10.00 and up. Last year they were a big hit for us with the teen crowd and our kids have been begging for them for Christmas this year. I have even bought them for my husbands stocking, since its so nice to be able to pick out your favorite song, download for a dollar or so per song and not waste your money on songs on the album you don't like, or if they love the whole album they can down load for approx. 10.00
I have thought about that, but I don't think they have Ipods. This is something that I should find out. I thought about getting them a 6 pack of soda from Pops up here on Rt 66. They have over 300 different varieties, including pure cane soda...I can't drink another soda anymore unless it's from there, or is made with real sugar like the soda from Jones Soda company. The stuff that is out there now and mass marketed is just nasty and tastes like chemicals. Pops also has grass fed beef hamburgers :drool :drool

So does the pop idea sound lame? Their mom thinks it would be a good idea. I could make them a bunch of baked goodies and gift them with "real" soda and put it in a basket....two things teens like junk food and soda What do ya'll think? :idunno If they had iPODs I can add an itunes card...

I just feel bad for them b/c they have been through a whole lot. I'm not going to get into what their dad was like, and their grandparents just totally snubbed them.

I realize Christmas isn't really about presents, but we love to give gifts. Many people love to receive gifts(I would venture to say as long as they're from the heart)
I know I would love that kind of gift, I am just not sure a teen would appreciate the thought that went behind it. It really depends on them. I guess if you made a whole junk food type/movie basket with them they probably would love it.. My hubby also mentioned what about a gift from a store like GAMESTOP which also has new/used games for reasonable prices.
Teens are definitely tough!
And I am with you on the whole love to give gifts...I save up all year stuff that I can give and we always try to give this time of year to people who need it.

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
sufficientforme said:
Okiemommy said:
If they have Apple Ipods, nano's, shuffles get them ITUNES GIFT CARDS they start at 10.00 and up. Last year they were a big hit for us with the teen crowd and our kids have been begging for them for Christmas this year. I have even bought them for my husbands stocking, since its so nice to be able to pick out your favorite song, download for a dollar or so per song and not waste your money on songs on the album you don't like, or if they love the whole album they can down load for approx. 10.00
I have thought about that, but I don't think they have Ipods. This is something that I should find out. I thought about getting them a 6 pack of soda from Pops up here on Rt 66. They have over 300 different varieties, including pure cane soda...I can't drink another soda anymore unless it's from there, or is made with real sugar like the soda from Jones Soda company. The stuff that is out there now and mass marketed is just nasty and tastes like chemicals. Pops also has grass fed beef hamburgers :drool :drool

So does the pop idea sound lame? Their mom thinks it would be a good idea. I could make them a bunch of baked goodies and gift them with "real" soda and put it in a basket....two things teens like junk food and soda What do ya'll think? :idunno If they had iPODs I can add an itunes card...

I just feel bad for them b/c they have been through a whole lot. I'm not going to get into what their dad was like, and their grandparents just totally snubbed them.

I realize Christmas isn't really about presents, but we love to give gifts. Many people love to receive gifts(I would venture to say as long as they're from the heart)
I know I would love that kind of gift, I am just not sure a teen would appreciate the thought that went behind it. It really depends on them. I guess if you made a whole junk food type/movie basket with them they probably would love it.. My hubby also mentioned what about a gift from a store like GAMESTOP which also has new/used games for reasonable prices.
And I am with you on the whole love to give gifts...I save up all year stuff that I can give and we always try to give this time of year to people who need it.
Great idea too! Gamestop or adding a movie would personalize it more! I don't even know if they have a game system but I can find out! :D I know they like movies! I just have to find movies and games that they have been wanting :weee

I am glad someone is with me on the gift giving. :D I feel like I am the only one, with all of the less is more talk. (Not knocking it, I just feel like a lone gifty-person LOL!) But I have witnessed firsthand how much joy it brings to a person when you give them a gift that is something that they deeply love.

And thank you for your honesty sufficientforme!! :weee

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Okiemommy said:
sufficientforme said:
Okiemommy said:

Great idea too! Gamestop or adding a movie would personalize it more! I don't even know if they have a game system but I can find out! :D I know they like movies! I just have to find movies and games that they have been wanting :weee

I am glad someone is with me on the gift giving. :D I feel like I am the only one, with all of the less is more talk. (Not knocking it, I just feel like a lone gifty-person LOL!) But I have witnessed firsthand how much joy it brings to a person when you give them a gift that is something that they deeply love.

And thank you for your honesty sufficientforme!! :weee
You know if buying a game is outside of your budget, I know that you can rent games at Blockbuster. When money is tight those little fun things get axed, renting movies and games, so a gift card to a movie rental place in a little basket with pop corn and soda would likely be appreciated.

Latest posts