Coffee done now

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Morning everyone! If you're waking up and have time to sit down with others for a time then pull up a chair or pop a squat and join in on the conversations. There's hot coffee, iced coffee and hot water for tea (and hot chocolate) plus juice and fresh cold water and fresh cold good for you cow's milk.☕

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep..stand all day. They are only 6 hr which includes set up & take down, so about 4.5-5 hr of actual sampling, depending on product prep, if cooking or cold, etc. Alcohol events are only 4 hr.

Went well today. Sold LOTS (which is why I'm there! :rolleyes:)

Plenty of left overs, so I have peaches, apricots, plums, nectarines, limes, honeydew & some watermelon & Feta cheese to eat up. The chickens cleaned those melon rinds in quick order. It was so, so hot out and these were sweet, cold and juicy! Same deal tomorrow....more free snacks. :drool

Of course, I can toss the rinds, etc. at the job but, my animals would disown me. LOL

Another rep was doing a coffee event, so I got my afternoon fix of caffeine while there.:cool:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So this is THURSDAY -- guess everyone rushing to work!? I know that we have the "magic brew" ready and always work it in. Got up this AM feeling pretty good, slept well, ready for a whole pot it seemed. But had the usual large mug full & rushed to the feed store. Done! Had a brunch plate, now going to work for a few hrs to finish assignments.

When I got up today, feeling fit and all that, looked in mirror and say "WOW, I just didn't leave my parts where they are!" Gravity is so unforgiving!!!! OK, age too.....I mean, if I feel like 40 why do I need to look so much beyond? :idunno

It ain't right, I tell you :old

Then :caf time from this morning kicked in and I felt blessed to be ABLE to do and be. The chickens, goats, horses, cats & dog all love me (or at least my buckets). I walked into my tiny garden effort and admired the huge butternuts almost ready to pick.....the little ones coming on, the limas growing up their panel, picked a few grape tomatoes, filled all the water tubs, played with the little chicks, gave some garden lettuce to the goats and thanked the Almighty that I AM what I feel & love it.:celebrate

Thrilled I am still able to work and enjoy it all -- I hope each of you can have the same kind of day.:frow:hugs

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Still heavy overcast here today and EVERYTHING wet from two days of great rain, now can dry. Still hoping to get my volunteers into a real spot today or tomorrow. They are fine with the shade & rain for now. Thanks piggies for the "planting" help. :)

052417006.jpg

Chickens are loving the wet dirt worm offerings....

052417003.jpg

Training is important! ... good mom

052517003.jpg

This was my morning walk, while opening coops & feeding. Earlier I heard on a morning show that it was... ready?

National Wine Day today --- :cool: --- didn't know that!
I will try to celebrate that tonight.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've had first cup, ready for more after AM chores.

My grandparents never had Pepsi, processed foods, etc. Worked all day, mostly by HAND not equipment -- unless you classify hoes & plow horses, & wash boards as equipment :old -- They ate what they grew, hunted, butchered. Both were in early 90s when they passed...even with eating fresh eggs, home canned food, raw milk, fermented veggies, wild game, occasional fresh butchered chickens, home brew, home made biscuits made with pure lard, fried foods with lard, home made butter & coffe was an all day event... etc. Lived in a "hollar" with outhouse, no electric & a well with a bucket. They had 7 kids and provided this food for them all.

Wonder how they survived? (No studies to read!!!!! OR time to read them. :lol:)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The goat kid was 3 mos -- eating weel, needed to wean, healthy. My & another farm about 1/2 mile up road both have many animals, so I feel the kid will settle down & show up in a day or two. Neighbors have been advised & will watch for him. Hoping for best. At least he's more than able to eat & drink plenty around here!

Did disassemble part of mower, remove old & install new deck cable, etc. Grease wheel bearings, check air in tires. Text DD to advise it's fixed & she can come up & get to mow her yard. Se replies glad it is but I felt it was time to buy my own, so I did, on sale. :th:ya Just wish I had known before I pushed to get it done before I had to leave. I need to mow but, rain predicted for next 4 days beginning tomorrow mid day. I work tomorrow AM. Guess it can rest a while. :rolleyes: