Coffee done now

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I have a meal replacement shake in the mornings, instead of a solid breakfast. Recently I started adding some "superfood" to the mix, pea, wheatgrass, etc powder and spirulina. Wonderful stuff, but wow, interesting drink to say the least. But I manage… (I hold my breath and drink it very, very quickly)

Anyway, gulped down my green goop this morning and caught sight of the leftover chocolate cake from DS's birthday party and had the wonderful idea to have a slice of that…. My stomach forgave me, but I will not be doing that again!

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Been up since 3am. Always get up at this time...well, maybe sleep until 4am on the weekend. I love getting up early. It is my time. No one calling me on me. The world is a quiet, reflective place in the early morning hours. My rooster gets up shortly after me and starts announcing the new day. Good thing I don't have close neighbors. I read the latest news on the internet, check my forums, do some reading and have my coffee (usually two cups) and my breakfast (usually all natural peanut butter on wheat bread.) It's 5:30 now and just about time for me to go out to the warehouse and get some customer orders ready. Then, I'll make deliveries and stop at the grocery store to pick up the fixins' for home made pizza tonight. I have a 60 mile drive today to Bethlehem, PA and back to pick up an 1800 LB pallet of supplies for our business. Then I'll unload it and wonder why my back hurts tonight. Just finished reading Bill O'Reilly's Old School: Life in the Sane Lane. a light hearted look at Old School Folks vs. The Snowflakes. Enjoyable reading. Next book up...Killing Reagan. Have to get going now. Going to be hot today, possible thunder storms that will bring a cool front with it. Nice dropping by; hope others stop in for coffee. I'll leave the jar of PB and loaf of wheat bread if anyone wants some. Oh...I have about a dozen free pallets sitting at the top of the driveway in decent shape if anyone wants them. Just swing by....

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Way to go, FEM! You need some down time :hugs Hope DH is feeling and doing o.k. today. I need to go check your journal...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've poured a cup & taking a few to visit and talk. My socialization time, as I'm the only human here. :rolleyes: I was out way earlier to do all my feed & water topping, open coops, change pasture moves, milking, etc. Now I can review my other work for today that I can do before I have to change & leave for my paycheck work. Delivering 5 doz eggs sold on way.

Transplanting my volunteer tomato & melon plants are for this AM. Eggs are ready for re-nesting my broody tonight, her pen is ready. Will load up the tiller to go to shop on way to work. Sure need that working!! Something hung up in the pull to start...:(. Messed me up yesterday. Always another day. Our growing season in long here, also.

While in the coop yesterday I caught what I thought was the egg eating hen! BAD girl. She may have just been eating shells but, gotta know. She got away from me. This morning, caught her again, now penned until we see if eggs are safe today or not. If not, will put a cam in their to see who it is. I mean 5-6 a day is toooo many to lose. Not to mention re-cleaning nests :he

Sampling job for berries & wine late afternoon. Guess I'll be looking a a mixed berry cobbler baking tonight -- blueberry, blackberry, raspberry. Can sip wine while it's cooking. :drool Other foods for Sat & Sun demos. More berries in one. I love having berry demos each work for 5-6 weeks this time of year. :celebrate

OH....a fig tree I though the goats had killed is sprouting now. Wonderful! Now I can be less angry with the goats.
Next year it will probably bear again -- with TLC.

Gotta go gang. Will talk tonight.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Mini Horses,
At one time I was making my own flavored water with blueberries, Raspberries and Black Raspberries. I would cut them in 1/2, put them in a plastic gallon sized pitcher add maybe add 1/4 cup of sugar, stir gently then top off with water. Let sit for at least12 hours but longer is better.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FEM, I'm with you on enjoying a cup of coffee even though I shouldn't be seeing how I feel like this, " get behind on doing something stay behind on the rest of the things then it takes forever to catch up so eventually have to prioritize and keep pushing through until everything is done." But I'm really enjoying my cup of coffee and enjoying the nice cool morning seeing how by 4pm it's supposed to get up to 68° here in Central New York.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It has taken me a long time to finally understand that I will NEVER be "caught up"! I just do my best to do what HAS to be done... !

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh wow...THAT is not a good start to the day! I was sort of laughing and cringing at the story at the same time. Hope she finds the baby, for the baby's sake.