Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'll believe along with you. Next summer you guys will get a dairy cow. 👍

They are a hoot... almost as comical as my wife's mud puddle makers. They found the gate hanger tubs. Knocked them off of the gate and eating the feed off the ground. The girls grew up with dogs. I took my wife's rottweiler out to see them. He inched twords the gate wagging his nub and when he got there he stuck his nose inside the gate and oreo gave him a big ole cow kiss - yuck 🤣

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
Well, easy as she goes, one good kick and no more dog, it would be great if dog did well with them,
I have used two leaf rakes, one in each hand, kept the old dog rip at bay, he learned to respect the rake and not get to close. After a while like a week, he was calmer and understood what to do.

You also can use a long lead, using two people, one holds the lead and the other the rakes, teaching to heard is not always easy.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I need to re-do the attic insulation, replace ALL the windows and fix the front door. I've put on a metal roof and we do the plastic over the windows. Speaking of which I need to finish doing that on the camper. But we hang a curtain over the front door and use magnets to keep the wind from blowing it. You can also feel a lot of cold air through every wall outlet.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I need to re-do the attic insulation, replace ALL the windows and fix the front door. I've put on a metal roof and we do the plastic over the windows. Speaking of which I need to finish doing that on the camper. But we hang a curtain over the front door and use magnets to keep the wind from blowing it. You can also feel a lot of cold air through every wall outlet.
We have had to do plastic over windows many years ago, I think I saw in one of the Holmes house redo shows, he use some spray insulation around the outside of the plastic box the wires are in for the outlets, I think it was a special kind, I am sure you could Google it,

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220102-184940.png

These are cheap and work well. Just fit the gasket over the recepitical and screw the cover back down. If you still feel a draft, use two gaskets. It could be you have a deep cover or the receptical is screwed in to deep in the box.that's not sealing with just one gasket.

I was taught electrical up north and I recall the professor was a real stickler about making sure everything was done right. He would say no self respecting electrician would leave a leaky box and call it done.

They also make gaskets for switches.

Available at most any BORG or Hardware Store.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, easy as she goes, one good kick and no more dog, it would be great if dog did well with them,
I have used two leaf rakes, one in each hand, kept the old dog rip at bay, he learned to respect the rake and not get to close. After a while like a week, he was calmer and understood what to do.

You also can use a long lead, using two people, one holds the lead and the other the rakes, teaching to heard is not always easy.
Ours is flyswatter trained 👍 😂

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good morning! On my second cup of coffee. It’s 23F and will warm up to 48F. I worked sheep yesterday and took fecal samples. Only ran 4 yesterday under the microscope. 2 were 11 month old ewes I raised, they passed with flying colors. One had a count of 100, the other, 500. The one with 500 count will be treated with Garlic Barrier, twice, 10 days apart and retested. Neither has ever been wormed. I’m happy with their results.

The other 2 are the registered ewes BJ and I bought. When I got them home, they got a bad case of tapeworms, it took 3 treatments to knock them out. I noticed them looking a little peaked, so went ahead and wormed them yesterday and took fecal samples. They are in the category of, “Why aren’t you dead?”
Dolly has a count of 1,550, not terrible but not good. Dessa has a count of 17,250, “Why aren’t you dead?” LOL I’ll wait 10 days and treat again, 10 more days, take fecal sample and treat a 3rd time.

I’m using apple flavored horse ivermectin with the weight dial applicator. If that fails, I go to Prohibit.

Dolly and Dessa were already spooky, now they really hate me.

So I’ll be squinting through the microscope today, counting barber pole worm eggs. Then I know who is wormy and who isn’t.