Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Speaking of Broodies I have one duck off and on her nest, one chicken brooding in my brooder box (irony!), and one other I don’t know if she’s sitting or I just grabbed eggs at the wrong time. It’s possibly going to snow tonight. Silly birds!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have 4 broody silkies right now. Usually there is a break in december. They didn't take one this year. My silkies average being broody 4 times a year.

Molly is only 3/4 silkie but she did 5 times in her first year. I let her raise 3 batches. She will get more this year as she's my go to hen for incubator hatched chicks.

I need to hatch a bunch of partridge chicks.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:gig o_Oholy cow,
, pray the young couple gets it in gear, they are just going across town,
:th My DDIL said they have 2 feet of snow, power went out at 5 yesterday and is still out, they are 7min down the Rd from were we just bought our house ,
I better find a good book to read, it's going to be A long 11 days

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My Dark Cornish set once or twice a year a hen or 2 may set more. I got them partly for that. Me and my brother have had several bantams of various breeds that were great setters and would set 10-12 full size eggs.

My biggest problems with my good setters is their timing is usually associated with the yearly rat snakes coming. 2 a year every year. Usually get past 2 weeks then all the eggs are gone get past that then something else or the snakes mate comes and wipes them out again then she will set for 2 MORE weeks and stop. But she set for 4,5, or 6 weeks at this point.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
3pm Coffee, and it's regular ☕
I guess I could watch Downton Abbey,
again
IMG_20220103_150022.jpg

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:th My DDIL said they have 2 feet of snow, power went out at 5 yesterday and is still out, they are 7min down the Rd from were we just bought our house ,
I better find a good book to read, it's going to be A long 11 days
Edit: no we haven't moved yet, :idunno

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am sitting in the car, 18 deg F out, waiting for DD7 to get done with activity. Too far from town to go back home and too much sickness (not just Covid, Influenza hit our community too) to go the library or store. Car running off and on, seems like a waste of gas but it is the only thing she does outside of school and it doesn't go into the summer.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score