Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
so nice out! I hauled 5 wheelbarrows of wood, put some snow down in front of the chicken run human entrance (gross looking), cleaned of 8 inches of snow on my garden boxes (left 3ish for insulation) and did the dishes-all on my lunch break. now an afternoon of meetings means I will miss being outside soaking up the sun but someone has to pay the bills, lol

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good morning! Coffee is ready, I slept until 5:20 this morning! Finally! I didn't wake up every 2 hours and I wasn't wide awake at 3 AM. I think it's called exhaustion. I have the back seat of the truck loaded to the ceiling with small, mostly breakable items. Going to load up the back of the pick up and go to Groveton and unload. Neighbor Ron is going with me. Taking jacks to jack up the small portable building son took down there and block it up, so I can start putting stuff in it. The buyers (and my new, dear friends) brought their cargo trailer back yesterday and I can go through all the stuff in the big portable building that is staying here, pack, sort out, keep, throw away, and load the cargo trailer. Maybe take it next week. Y'all have a great day!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Just spent an hour debugging a summary report table in Excel. I was drilling down into data yesterday, and details were missing in the summary someone else created. It's all good now, the end result is more favorable numbers. Biggest thing is I was not crazy in what I was seeing. Lolol. More coffee.

I would rather be looking through seed catalogs and the Meyer Hatchery website this morning. 😀

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready y'all. I have a couple coming to look at sheep this morning at 8AM. I don't have any for sale, but they want to come and are all excited, so ok, come on. I met the husband at the feed store and he texted me that night. Wife is all excited to find someone with Katahdin sheep.

I'm going to Tyler or maybe Jacksonville today to find 20' nylon slings to lift the 500 gallon fuel tank with. Northern tool doesn't have any, Harbor Freight in Tyler has limited supply, I'll have to call. If they don't have 2 of them, then I'll call the Jacksonville store, internet says they have plenty. I won't set the tank back on the stand in Groveton, nor will I fill it up. I'll wait until I find my home, then get it set up and filled up. I have a diesel tractor, diesel mule and of course a diesel truck, but have always been very sparing in filling the truck up from it. It sure beats hauling 5 gallon cans around. I'll set some concrete blocks so it isn't laying on the ground. Oh the joys of moving!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nice out today! 43 now and going into low 60s. 😁 same tomorrow & Sat. Then, snow flurries Sun. 🤪 :lol: what???? We'll see what happens. :idunno Cooler at least. Sunshine now and I'm loving that.

I walked the garden area yesterday. Thanked the 6 little mares for the fertilizer drops this winter. Closed their gate and looked to see if disc was easy to access or not. 😁 time to do very soon.

Got a lot of goat bellies getting big. That's looking to be a March event starting. Things are pretty much timing out ok.