Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They are really looking good in comparison to when you brought them home. Some will never be "friendly"... some are just more standoffish. Some will be as loving as you will let them. Just in the nature.
Thank You FJ, that means a lot to me. They seem to be doing well and are happy, their coats shine now. I'm trying to keep them fed and watered, plus treat them well. But being a newbie it's a big learning process for me.

Last week I had to water them. They were in the back of the pasture. So I grabbed the hose went in the gate and they saw me. They came running and jumping to twords me. I looked down and I was standing on a sheet of ice. I went back outside the gate. All it would have took was one bump and I would have been down on the ground. They are big animals, I need to watch myself around them. Bessy is by far the most friendly, she follows me around and it's no issue patting her on the neck. I suspect bessy will become the milk cow for my wife because she's so gentle and friendly.

IMG_20220212_140749310_HDR.jpg

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏 ❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yeah, that one bump and down you go and then something gets badly sprained or broken. You can imagine how careful I am trying to be with these new knees... plus I am stiff anyway so not able to get out of their way fast. And they usually aren't trying to hurt you... they are just big and more "ponderous" and can't stop on a dime....